Cell Phone Calling/Texting

Jerry2648

May 1, 2018
Fort Worth, TX/USA
My wife has a cell phone and mostly, she does not know how to use it. But lately she has been calling and texting her sister and brother-in-law asking them to come get her and take her "home." Some of this may be related to the death of her 94 year old Dad a month ago. Anyone else dealing with the phone calls/texting issue. I am not sure I can take her phone away from her without a fight. But this morning I see where she called her BIL at 6 am. I have suggested the block her number. Any other suggestions?

Rach1985

Jun 9, 2019
Could you put it on airplane mode at night? Would she know how to take it off this mode herself? At least then she couldn’t call people but still have her phone then take it off airplane mode in the morning

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
If she is only doing this to one or two people it's best to get them to deal with it by blocking her calls, in whatever way works best on the phone they have. I always have my phone set to 'silent' at night so unless they need to receive other calls during the night they could just do that.

Rach1985

Jun 9, 2019
Yes or they could put their phones on do not disturb mode, and if they had a particular person who they had to receive calls from they could set them ie your BIL mother to break the do not disturb mode if she called, but everybody would go to voicemail so your MIL calls would essentially be blocked

Ohso

Jan 4, 2018
My thoughts would be, provided she is safe, block outgoing calls out of 'reasonable' hours. My mum would call not only me but also the police, due to her anxiety, hallucinations and paranoia.
Having said that, try to find the reason for the calls. The outcome for my mum was medication to ease her anxiety, that worked, thankfully.