very sad day.

Peppie

Jul 9, 2017
Well it was my precious dads funeral yesterday a very difficult day but I think I did my dad proud it was a lovely service 2 of my siblings didn't come another 1 came but just for the service and the other one came but made a comment to me that was hurtful he said at least you get your life back if only he knew I would rather have dad any day but I didn't have the strength or energy to answer him. But cousins I hadn't seen for ages came and it was lovely catching up with them dads sister passed away exactly two weeks before dad both on a Friday she had dementia to at least dad his brother and 2 sisters are all united now. Today I feel lost and sad and a huge void but dad is at rest. This talking point is amazing and just reading other posts is a comfort sometimes I would just read others posts to see how others deal with situations other times I would post its such a great help thank you.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Oh Peppie!

I know exactly what you're going through as I am going through the same thing. Dad became very ill very suddenly and passed away four days before Father's Day. Father's Day was awful in that I had no siblings with me but I did prepare for his funeral the next day. You did your dad proud the same as me with my dad.

My two siblings were at the funeral alongwith my neighbours. However my siblings don't get on and one went home to allow the other to come back with me. He gave me a lift back but decided to go straight to work saying he would come back later. When he and his partner came back later they found me about to eat (although I was prepared to have dinner with them) so he left saying that they had already eaten. One of my neighbours asked whether he took me out for a meal after the funeral and when I told her what happened her jaw dropped.

That said I had a wonderful meal out with my friend on Saturday and I may go out again this weekend. Sometimes more distant relatives are more compassionate than close ones.

Love

MaNaAk

lis66

Aug 7, 2015
Oh Peppie (((hugs ))) to you hope you find some sort of peace and comfort in the comming days,I also read posts ,I've been on this heartbreaking journey for six years with mum and TP is my lifeline take care xxx

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
Peppie - sending hugs your way. Funerals have a way of bringing out the best and the worst in people, I am sure you did your Dad proud, hold your head high and try and take comfort in the happier times you had. Take care x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m glad the service went well. Thinking of you and wishing you strength.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa