now its mums journey

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Of course it`s sad @campervan21 but good too, especially if you know the home so well from your father`s experience.

If your mother settles you will soon feel so much better I`m sure.

campervan21

May 4, 2017
Of course it`s sad @campervan21 but good too, especially if you know the home so well from your father`s experience.

If your mother settles you will soon feel so much better I`m sure.

Thank you Grannie G , looks like it be Tuesday her moving day, she's eating at the hospital, and seems to have settled into their routine,which is encouraging

campervan21

May 4, 2017
Mum moved Monday to the nursing home, she seems to have settled so far without any upset.

The staff are lovely with her, we are visiting everyday at moment to reassure her, she seems ok when we go. We are only staying for short amount of time, so as not to trigger anything, you just never know.

She looks cleaner and more settled ,if that makes sense, such a relief knowing she has care round h, last few years have been a nightmare, last week was a nightmare.

Going to see her this morning, hopefully she still settled, ( for her )

She has been joining in with the activities in the lounge,

One day at a time...

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
Glad she is settling, as you say it is sad but it is also the best outcome for her and for the family.

campervan21

May 4, 2017
Glad she is settling, as you say it is sad but it is also the best outcome for her and for the family.
Thank you it is the best outcome, saw her today joining in activities, asking when lunch is, please may it continue

campervan21

May 4, 2017
Mum still seems ok in the home, had her hair done, which she really enjoyed, saw her one afternoon last week, very agitated, speaking first time since being in home like that

Seemed to settle , next day siblings went to see her and she was calm again and looking relaxed a

I was really worried when she wen in the home , however, seeing the unfortunate mess that she caused in her own home, due to the illness, mum doesn't seem anxious as she always appeared to be

Having read so many posts on TP , I read about the anxious feelings PWD has, and this is mum probably having the agitation, I don't know, progression of illness as well, Dr in hospital said that

Hopefully today will be another good day for her, she joins in the activities, singing being one of them, never thought I would hear that!

She has staff round her 24/7, ensuring she uses the Zimmer frame, high risk of falls, giving medication, feeding her lovely meals, she lost so much weight, she refused food from us and carers, and giving drinks through the day, constantly dehydrated

Behind the scenes, her home we are clearing for selling, not many childhood Knick Knacks left, she bless , used to have sort outs all the time

She stayed as long as we could possibly manage, and it's the right thing for her, and definitely for us

Still here we go lovely Sunday morning, birds singing, one day at a time

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
It sounds like your mum is settling in well @campervan21
My mum became a lot less anxious when she moved into her care home too. I think that trying, and failing, to run a home caused her so much stress. I found unpaid bills posted between the towels in the airing cupboard where she obviously had no idea what to do about them.

Do not worry about the odd day where she is anxious - it is bound to happen. Even though mum was happy in her care home, there were still days when she remembered her old fears, became upset and needed constant reassurance.

You and your mum are doing fine.

campervan21

May 4, 2017
It sounds like your mum is settling in well @campervan21
My mum became a lot less anxious when she moved into her care home too. I think that trying, and failing, to run a home caused her so much stress. I found unpaid bills posted between the towels in the airing cupboard where she obviously had no idea what to do about them.

Do not worry about the odd day where she is anxious - it is bound to happen. Even though mum was happy in her care home, there were still days when she remembered her old fears, became upset and needed constant reassurance.

You and your mum are doing fine.

Thank you canary,
We could never believe where things were, hidden, bless her, yes, I think it is the remembering, and having old fears,

campervan21

May 4, 2017
Good visit this morning for sister, mum was sitting in her room,relaxed and not anxious, which is good news, everyday different,

campervan21

May 4, 2017
Busy morning, visited mum, she was sitting in her room, tea trolley had just been so she was having a cuppa and biscuits

I kept reminding her to have them, bu it was reassuring seeing her calm , clean and looking settled.

Always a worry ,she might be agitated, however, all staff are lovely, and know their job, so I left after a good short visit

Didn't want to push my luck

One day at a time

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
All sounds like it's going as well as possible for your mum. I always have to prompt my mother to drink her tea/eat the cake too (there is home made cake every day!)

campervan21

May 4, 2017
All sounds like it's going as well as possible for your mum. I always have to prompt my mother to drink her tea/eat the cake too (there is home made cake every day!)

Thank you, yes we very pleased for mum, home very good, bit of cake always welcome by mum, never having a sweet tooth , to now enjoying.

Noticed she’d put her photos in various drawers in her room , that’s ok if she settled, something she does

campervan21

May 4, 2017
Mum did that too.
She thought they were people spying on her.

Canary, thank you for posting, apologies I replied but I must have not pressed the right button :rolleyes:
Mum put her photos in her drawers, and newspapers are in the wardrobe