Going to the toilet alot even with no infection?

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
Shes back and forth alot but sometimes 10 mins apart so she may not have emptied it fully the previous time.Its alot as Im up and down the stairs helping her, She doesnt settle because of it.

Shes prone to uti but urine clear of infection

any other reasons for it?Perhaps she drinking too much before bed but even if thats the key its still alot of back and forth and alot of urine to pass.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Does she actually pass anything? Perhaps she is going in there, but cant remember what to do and coming out again without actually going to the loo.

Rach1985

Jun 9, 2019
Is she on memantine? A less common side effect but a side effect nevertheless is an increased urge to urinate?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Have you ever had a urodynamics test @nitram ?

OH had to have one recently and I hope he doesnt have to have it done again. The link explains it very well, but trying to get someone with cognitive problems to co-operate is far from easy. OH got very confused, but the very worst bit was trying to get him to drink a litre of water 2 hours before the appointment and not go to the loo before the test.

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
Does she actually pass anything? Perhaps she is going in there, but cant remember what to do and coming out again without actually going to the loo.

95% of the time she does. Some tiems she will go and leave again but come back two mins late and go. Sometimes she will seat there a while before she goes. Its usually quite a lot of liquid.

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
Have you ever had a urodynamics test @nitram ?

OH had to have one recently and I hope he doesnt have to have it done again. The link explains it very well, but trying to get someone with cognitive problems to co-operate is far from easy. OH got very confused, but the very worst bit was trying to get him to drink a litre of water 2 hours before the appointment and not go to the loo before the test.

very hard to put them through anythng really isnt it. Getting xrays done was very difficult.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
My late wife had one at MCI stage, I was with her all through the test, it gave useful info, it also gave her a coliform infection (UTI).
All taken into account I consider it was worthwhile.

Ohso

Jan 4, 2018
My mum did this s couple of weeks ago. Often going 3 times in 20 minutes ( probably would have been more if she was more mobile..) each times she went she passed urone, sometimes a little but always some, she was getting frustrated and anxious so a UTI was our first thought so got the GP to give antibiotics as a precaution and sent off a urine sample. The urges cleared in a few days along with her agitation and the test came back clear so to be honest l have no idea what was going on. I would still fall back on antibiotics if it happened again as a precaution as waiting for test results and then getting the GP to write up antibiotics would cause delays that would impact mum, and anyway, seemed to cure something even if not a UTI.