My dearest husband has passed away

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
I haven’t posted here in a while, but I have been following a few posts. On the 4th of June my husband was finally relieved of this terrible disease. He had a massive brain bleed and seizure on the 31st of May. He was taken to the hospital where he held on until the 4th June. The hospital staff were so lovely and also provided me and a family member with sleeping arrangements in his room. His heart was so strong, even given the other issues . My family and friends have been an awesome support, and I am so grateful to them all. Even though he had been in care for 4 years, I feel so lonely - he’s not there if I need to go and see him at any time. I had a holiday booked and paid for, so am going to still go, hopefully it will help me heal.

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
So sorry for your loss. I hope you can enjoy your time away, at least a change of scene may give you a break. Take care of yourself.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
sad news @di65
your husband is now free of dementia
it takes time for those left to find their way to a different life
I hope your holiday helps

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
So sorry for your loss - I hope that you are able to go on your holiday, and that it helps you through these difficult and sad times. Sending some hugs

MAMMYGRANNY

Jan 26, 2016
I am so sorry for your loss Di. Such a long and lonely road for you, you really took such good care of your husband over the years of this dreadful illness.
Wishing you strength in your grief.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Di I am so sorry to read this. Sending you a hug.

The care home took great care of him and you over the years.

I hope you get something out of your holiday.

When our son died (stillborn) the priest suggested a holiday, and I realise that the circumstances are completely different but suspect he said this a lot, as he said the change of scenery would help us rebuild. I hope this is how it works for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson