Dr not calling me back

Dino

Aug 7, 2011
A week ago I was told by the care home mum's Dr wanted to talk to me and was going to call, not heard from her.

I talked to the Dr's receptionist and left a message for her to call. Told her mum is at end of life and it's important.

I asked what time should I call her and was told it's best if she calls me.

Well, she still hasn't called.
Dr went in to see mum today, I'd asked the care home to have her call me....nothing.

Mum is at end of life, not eating, sips of liquid and has a syringe driver with morphine and the other "meds?" to help her feel comfortable.

I want her to be taken off antibiotics as it's just prolonging this for her but....cannot get ahold of the Dr.

I feel like jumping on a plane now. (In U.S.)

silversea2020

May 12, 2019
Don’t give up, call the surgery again & politely insist (not that you aren’t polite!) that the doctor call you because you need to discuss a few points very briefly - it’s all you can do for now. If you don’t get the call, do you have a practice manager at the surgery you could talk to if you don’t get the call? It really shouldn’t be made this difficult for you - all the best

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
@Dino, I'm very sorry it has come to this. I fully understand how you want to jump on a plane. Is there any way that you can do so? Because if I were you, I would.

Let me tell you a story. Years ago, a friend of mine received a call from the hospital that his mother had had an aneursym in her stomach rupture, and that there would be no point in his coming over, as she would not live that long. He was in Montreal and she was in England. He got off the phone and told his wife. His wife made him get back on the phone to the hospital to have them tell his mother "Wait, Colin is coming". He did, she put him on the next plane and his mother was still alive, against all odds. She died shortly after he arrived.

That obviously was an unexpected but happy (in an odd way) ending. My friend got to say good-bye to his mother.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Dr may be baulking at cost of international call / time difference.
Is there any chance you can make email contact?
The surgery should have a generic email address, you could send a email with subject FA0 Dr xxxx

Dino

Aug 7, 2011
Thank you everyone.

Yes, problem solved on my other thread.

Was very upset not hearing so made this thread. xoxo