Can you help improve airport and airline experiences?

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Our Programme Partnerships team is working with airports and airlines to improve the passenger experience for people living with and affected by dementia. They are writing a consultation response now, and they would love your contribution to help them understand the following questions:
  • Do you use airports and airlines, and if not why?
  • What are your challenges/problems when it comes to airports and travelling by air?
  • Are you aware of the special assistance available at airports and if so, what do you think of it?
Thanks everyone :)

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
Took my dad on holiday recently asked for lanyard in Luton going out was ok got special assistance ie lanyard and was able to go through security ok but big problem cming back through passport control ie finger tip barriers had to by pass the queue and say in front of everybody that my dad had dementia couldnt use the fingertip self service type barriers had to go to window and bring my pasport and dads it was stressful we got through ok but still stressful

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
is working with airports and airlines to improve the passenger experience for people living with and affected by dementia.

Who to contact can be a problem.
Is it best to approach airlines (handling agents?) or airports about facilities for hidden disabilities
Also think about arrival/departure at destination.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Further to my post, responsibility may change when moving between airside and landside.