How do you get someone to Cary on not just packup

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
oh as vassal .some form of Parkinson’s that’s not as bad as it was .
Had chest infecshion /newmoneya at begging of year 2 week in hospital
After that as trouble getting dresses and in contenant. needs help with getting up and down and walking.

For past 3 week he don’t won’t to go out
Or won’t anyone else family members to watch him if I need to go out to places he can not go at pressant .to help him .he says he wonts to die. As it better then this I tell him he needs to just try nd I tell him every day that I am here to help and doing all I can.
I am getting to the point of thinking am I doing something wrong or is it him .

We back under hospital again do to growth up his nose had biopsy on it Monday hoping on results on Friday I worid and I no he is as he said he not going in hospital ever again .

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @vannesser
it's not that you are doing anything wrong, and it's not your OH as such, it's sadly that the dementia is affecting him more
do let your GP know how he is feeling and what he has said ... it may be that he is depressed and if so some meds may help

do you have some home care visits to help you with his personal care ... contact your Local Authority Adult Serices to ask for an Occupational Therapist to visit to siggest aids and adaptions to help with his mobility

and keep having some time for yourself ... it's good that family are visiting so you can go out .. he may not like it, but you need it

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
hi @vannesser
it's not that you are doing anything wrong, and it's not your OH as such, it's sadly that the dementia is affecting him more
do let your GP know how he is feeling and what he has said ... it may be that he is depressed and if so some meds may help

do you have some home care visits to help you with his personal care ... contact your Local Authority Adult Serices to ask for an Occupational Therapist to visit to siggest aids and adaptions to help with his mobility

and keep having some time for yourself ... it's good that family are visiting so you can go out .. he may not like it, but you need it
Thank you got stuff in to help getting up and walking aids . Dident realis thay the elitist illness can change someone as soon as

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im sorry things are happening so fast @vannesser
Sometimes you can get very fast changes, especially if they have vascular dementia, which often goes down in steps.
Im glad you have got help.

Dont give up going out. People with dementia often rely on one person and get upset when they cant see them, but your sister will look after him and make sure he is OK.

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
Im sorry things are happening so fast @vannesser
Sometimes you can get very fast changes, especially if they have vascular dementia, which often goes down in steps.
Im glad you have got help.

Dont give up going out. People with dementia often rely on one person and get upset when they cant see them, but your sister will look after him and make sure he is OK.
Thank you it just seams that for nearly 3 year things where going slow not mutch happening then all this from January .but will still try and go out give me brack a few hours a week thank you

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDrew