Narcissist and dementia how do you cope

Citroen 2cv

Mar 1, 2019
Spain
my mum is a narcissist everything has been my fault all my life. I used to break away for at times years then go back in. After dad died last September I discovered that all there life savings were gone. My son took as he is a gambling addict. To be able to keep mum in her home I gave my rented home up and moved in with her. Great to start with as I am away for work. For the second time it has become very ugly. Again I am staying at a friends. I get abusive phone messages accusing me of just about everything. I have been to see mum and it was horrible. Apartment in a huge mess no meds taken my things mostly destroyed. It was very ugly. Sadly mum can’t manage on her own now but will refuse to let any of her helpers in. I am at a breaking point within myself homeless and totally lost on what to do next.

annierich

Nov 11, 2015
my mum is a narcissist everything has been my fault all my life. I used to break away for at times years then go back in. After dad died last September I discovered that all there life savings were gone. My son took as he is a gambling addict. To be able to keep mum in her home I gave my rented home up and moved in with her. Great to start with as I am away for work. For the second time it has become very ugly. Again I am staying at a friends. I get abusive phone messages accusing me of just about everything. I have been to see mum and it was horrible. Apartment in a huge mess no meds taken my things mostly destroyed. It was very ugly. Sadly mum can’t manage on her own now but will refuse to let any of her helpers in. I am at a breaking point within myself homeless and totally lost on what to do next.
Sorry about the situation you find yourself in. Maybe now is the time to contact SS and ask them for an urgent assessment of your mother’s needs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951