Hi ,I need to tell someone about our pain how

Pamatone

Jun 17, 2019
Uk
I'm desperate to move my hubby from the unsafe care he gets L.A.say not in his best interest.i have challenged the decision it's going to the court of protection he could be dead by that time.every thing I question they twist and have an answere.he's left in dirty pads ,food round his face and clothes,it takes my visit to say something to give him his dignity back.Other residents wear his clothes hats socks tops bottoms all are named they can't find his shoes it happened last year he escaped missing for two hours befor they noticed ,police found him' face smashed collapsed a mile away hospitalised ,there's a lot more today but I'm exhausted

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Pamatone, what a distressing situation for both of you. As the Court of Protection are involved there is nothing I can say by way of advice but I wanted to let you know you are welcome here and that you are now among people who will listen and understand your pain.

If you think it would help to talk to the experts on the helpline in case you are missing anything the details are
National Dementia Helpline
0300 222 11 22
Our helpline advisers are here for you.
Helpline opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday 9am – 8pm
Thursday and Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm

I wish you the strength you need in this situation.