Night time vivid dreams and disturbances

Blackbird4

Jun 9, 2019
My husband has been waking regularly in the early mornings now for months. Sometimes he settles back down after a trip to the toilet and a drink of water, but sometimes he is caught up in a vivid dream and will not respond to me at all. He starts walking about, moving small items from the bedroom into another bedroom and talking about where he has to go and what he has to do. It is hard not to get irritable with him as he doesn't respond to me or my suggestions to get back into bed. Have others experienced such things and is there an end to this phase of dementia?

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hello @Blackbird4 and welcome to the forum
Have you spoken to your husband’s GP about this?
Vivid dreams can sometimes be a side effect of medication.
I hope now you have found us you will continue to post on the forum.

Blackbird4

Jun 9, 2019
We have spoken to the GP on several occasions but she has no suggestions about it. He is not on any medication that is known to cause this. They started when he was on Omesepram for digestive issues about a year ago, but he came off them after two months because of other side effects and weaned himself off them gradually. He is just on Circadin now to help with the sleep but no improvement yet. Thankyou for your reply.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Could you ask for your Husband to be referred to a CPN a community psychiatric nurse? Their input can be very useful.
I hope this stage soon passes.

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
I have much the same issue with my husband getting up stupidly early (like 5am) . I had a visit from community dementia nurse who was pretty useless. There isnt much they can do as sleeping tablets increase the confusion. I have tried notes telling him to go back to bed but it doesnt help very much. I find taking occasional sleep inducers myself helps a bit, currently trying CBD oil!:rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jliesman