My Petition Got Approved!!!! Please Please Sign

jaysmum

Oct 10, 2008
Have signed it and sent to all my email contacts will also be talking to my ex boss tomorrow(he runs a care home and community care company) and bringing his attention to this petition and will see if he can get you some more signatures.

Goodluck Sam

Sambi

Oct 13, 2007
mansfield
www.justgiving.com
Hiya Diane

I've been and added my name and I'm also going to be sending the link to everybody I know and everybody I don't know either...lol...good on you girl...bout time something was done.

When my mum was in hospital after breaking her hip in a fall in March, one of the nurses at the hospital was getting my mum ready to be transferred to a convalescing hospital and had the audacity to ask one of the other nurses if the ‘****’ in bay one had a clean **** ready for transfer. :eek: Can you imagine the look on her face when she turned round and saw my sister stood there, fuming and wanting to know exactly to whom she was referring too, knowing full well that the only patient in bay one wearing a pad was my mum! The scarletness of her face was brighter than the rising sun.:mad:

This treatment of our loved ones, who suffer from Alzheimer’s and Dementia, must stop!

All my love and best wishes

Sam...xxx

Debby Short

May 29, 2008
Near Heathrow Airport
Hiya Diane

I have just returned from 2 weeks holiday, and was really glad that your thread was make a 'sticky' otherwise I may have missed it.

I have now signed the petition, and am going to send it on to everyone in my private address book

Debby
xxxxxx

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Moderator note: the original plan was to move this to the Raising Awareness area today.

However, since the petition is continuing to receive so much in the way of replies, I'll leave it here, for greater visibility

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
another signature

Hi,
Hubby was in hospital a month ago for a few days and the staff on the assessment ward were brilliant. I could stay with him all day or go back when I wanted. They fed me too.
After a day and a half he was moved to a general ward and what a difference. The first day the staff wanted to know why I was there outside visiting hours and had no understanding at all but glad to say
it was better the next day.
We at our local Alzheimer's support group have been petitioning for a while to get specially trained staff on each floor. So many people have bad experiences of hospital stays.
More power to your elbow.
Aileen

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
(((((Aileen))))) many thanks honey. We are now standing on 306!!!

We had the exact same experience, when Mum was addmitted she was on a fast track ward and they were wonderful, 2 days later when they then transferred her to a respriorty ward :eek::eek: no Mum didn't have any chest problems, it was like being in a totally different hospital. They hadn't got a clue on how to deal with dementia suffers at all.... they even addmitted it :eek::eek: like I say it doesn't give us much hope for the future if things don't change.