My husband's Dementia journey is over.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
It must be such a shock, it seems that many slip away when loved ones are not there, perhaps it is easier to let go. You have been so caring, now be kind and care for yourself. Allow the shock to pass. Give yourself time. Alice x

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
So sorry to hear of your loss Casbow your life will again change direction .
You have been a good supporter on this site and I'd like to thank you and wish you peace and strength. God bless xx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) @Casbow
Im sorry that this will have come as a shock and that you were not there, but glad that he was not alone and it was peaceful.

I wasnt there when mum died either.
What is important is the time that you spent with him beforehand, not the final few minutes.

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland
My sincere condolences to you. After your care and devotion for so many years, it is a sad for you that you were not there when he slipped from this world. I know it is hard for you. But we can be grateful his passing was so serene. May he rest in peace.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Aw, Casbow, I'm so very sorry. Your husband is released from his awful illness, but that doesn't lessen your loss. My condolences to you. xx

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
So sad Casbow. don't come to the site too often these days. Honestly because It makes me sad to read updates from people I have known since joining this group and you are one of those that have shared your experience and good advice with myself and others. Take care.

Leelor1964

May 29, 2019
Your husband’s suffering from this disgusting disease is now at an end. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your remaining family at this very sad time. Leelor1964 x

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
I'm sorry to read of your loss @Casbow . I understand how you feel that you were not with him at the end, but you were with him when he needed you which is what counts. What I think would be best now is to try and remember him more as he was before this dreaded disease. Take care.

cuppatea

Oct 28, 2016
South Wales
Condolences on your loss. You were a shining light in your care for your husband. I wish you peace in the knowledge that you did your absolute best, and peace in your future life xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet