Recording of CHC Meeting

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
I recently attended a pre-appeal meeting for CHC. A friend came with me and the intention was to take notes and also record the meeting. However, whilst the CCG asked us if they could record the meeting (which we happily agreed to), we were denied, stating that we would have had to have required permission beforehand because of Data Protection issues.

Does anyone know what is allowable in terms of recording meetings?

Thanks, Georgina

Ohso

Jan 4, 2018
There is a company that deals with data protection issues. I have to register every year and initially was aaked questions about storage etc, because of the nature of information discussed l presime this might be the issue.
You could maybe give them a call...google it or message me tomorrow and l will dig out the phone number.
Alternative to that is to request that you have access to the recordng even if they retain possession of it and simply grant you access, or that a transcript is made, although this would still need to be held/stored securely.
( My other less honest self says....just set your phone to record and dont mention it, then transcribe it in your own time)
Hopefully that scullduggery isnt needed and you will be given the information you need.

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
There is a company that deals with data protection issues. I have to register every year and initially was aaked questions about storage etc, because of the nature of information discussed l presime this might be the issue.
You could maybe give them a call...google it or message me tomorrow and l will dig out the phone number.
Alternative to that is to request that you have access to the recordng even if they retain possession of it and simply grant you access, or that a transcript is made, although this would still need to be held/stored securely.
( My other less honest self says....just set your phone to record and dont mention it, then transcribe it in your own time)
Hopefully that scullduggery isnt needed and you will be given the information you need.

Thank you Ohso, they did offer to allow me to come back to listen to the recording and provide a transcript, both of which I have requested. My experience with this CCG so far has not been good and I believe the MDT coordinator to be untrustworthy, so I am a bit wary of relying on what they say! I may PM to get the number now. Gx

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
By way of an update. I contacted the Information Commissioner's Office (thank you @Ohso) and is it permissible to record meetings including covertly, for personal use. We could have quoted GDPR Article 2, Section 2, Recital 16.