Where should Name Labels on clothes go?

Ding Dong

May 1, 2013
I found the best way to sew labels on socks & pants was vertical. When you do it horizontally it stops them from stretching & even tore the material on pants

supermum54

Mar 25, 2019
My father went into a care home last year very suddenly so we didn’t have chance to label his clothes but when we did he still seemed to be wearing other people’s too. We are not sure if he wanders into their rooms or if the things just get put into the wrong rooms. It’s been a battle as staff don’t seem worried just as they don’t shave him very often which we don’t like as he never had a cm of stubble on his chin. It’s for his dignity. The staff seem so stretched to be honest.

Regarding socks we used to arrive to find him with shoes and no socks or odd socks which must have been terribly uncomfortable for him. My sister in law has cracked the issue! She found on the internet a website that embroidered names on the socks ( we think it’s aimed at weddings or stag parties). He now has black socks with his full name in white letters on the side. He is very proud of them and doesn’t mind at all. We bought ten pairs and they are lasting well. It’s such an easy idea.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
She found on the internet a website that embroidered names on the socks ( we think it’s aimed at weddings or stag parties). He now has black socks with his full name in white letters on the side. He is very proud of them and doesn’t mind at all. We bought ten pairs and they are lasting well.
What a good idea!

I have often thought that when OH gets to the stage of a care home, I would buy polo shirts and have his name embroidered on the front like a logo.

Recent Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan