Mum died yesterday

sweep

Apr 21, 2016
Mum died yesterday. She had been on end of life care since January but her death was nevertheless unexpected and thankfully quick. I arrived at the care home 5 minutes after she died, my sister and several of the carers were with mum when she passed away.
Mum had been at the home for 3 1/2 years and was a popular resident. Several carers from other floors of the home came to pay their respects and I know mum was loved and well cared for.
My sister and I are extremely grateful to all the staff there but there are 3 in particular who just seemed do extra for mum. We would like to give them something to say thank you, not the usual flowers or chocolates, but we have no idea what we could get. Any ideas ? Thanks

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Mum died yesterday. She had been on end of life care since January but her death was nevertheless unexpected and thankfully quick. I arrived at the care home 5 minutes after she died, my sister and several of the carers were with mum when she passed away.
Mum had been at the home for 3 1/2 years and was a popular resident. Several carers from other floors of the home came to pay their respects and I know mum was loved and well cared for.
My sister and I are extremely grateful to all the staff there but there are 3 in particular who just seemed do extra for mum. We would like to give them something to say thank you, not the usual flowers or chocolates, but we have no idea what we could get. Any ideas ? Thanks
Depends what you want to spend. Our local spa does pedicure and manicure for £30 and you can give it as a gift voucher. Carers like a bit of care for themselves too.

sweep

Apr 21, 2016
Depends what you want to spend. Our local spa does pedicure and manicure for £30 and you can give it as a gift voucher. Carers like a bit of care for themselves too.
Thank you that's a great idea.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Please accept my condolences @sweep

I got M&S vouchers for the carers at my husband`s home. Vouchers are available from lots of other companies too.

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
So sorry to hear about the loss of your mum @sweep it sounds like she was in a great care home. I think vouchers sound great especially for a spa or nice pampering products xx