FAQs

Mark_W

Sep 28, 2015
London
Hi @Beate this should have been resolved now, our technical team was working on some updates and that caused this temporary issue. Please post again if you spot anything amiss.

Thanks

Aggie79

Nov 6, 2018
HI, I've just joined, and in drafting my first post realised that my username is not sufficiently discreet. Can you tell me how to change it please? Thanks.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
HI, I've just joined, and in drafting my first post realised that my username is not sufficiently discreet. Can you tell me how to change it please? Thanks.

I've reported your post , this will bring it to the attention of admin who should be able to help.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Thanks, still trying to figure it all out!

If you have not already done so have a read through
https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/attachments/quick-guide-to-talking-point-pdf.56532/

and for mobile/tablet use also read
https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/threads/mobiles-and-tablets.104330/

There is a test thread where you can experiment with formatting, replying with and without quote, posting images etc
You won't be able to post links until you have made 10 posts, this prohibits you from including a quote which includes a link.
https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/threads/the-test-thread.104336/

Last edited:

WA123

Jan 20, 2018
Hi. Can you tell me if it's possible to start a conversation with more than one person at once and if so how do you do it?

Dutchman

May 26, 2017
Devon, Totnes
When opening the chats I always look for the small red number which indicates replies.
There appears a red number ( 1) but I’ve opened all my chat replies and the number remains. Where else should I look to cancel the number

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
By 'chat' do you mean conversation or forum?
Are you using a computer or a phone?
Any chance of a screen grab to show what you are seeing.

Dutchman

May 26, 2017
Devon, Totnes
Ok. It seems to have gone now. It was there once I’d gone into the forum. I’m on both iPad and iPhone . I had to search around the Forum site and found a chat with a dot and that was it. I thought you could touch the red number and it would take you direct to the reply

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
The number in red that indicates a quoted reply to a post should go once you read the reply. It will reappear if you use a browser back button to navigate. The next screen refresh will update. I am guessing that this is what you mean.

lovegardening

Jul 20, 2021
Sorry to be dim but I cant seem to send a private message. I clciked on the envelope next to my name in top RH corner but it just shows me a welcome msg and cant find a way to send a pm. Is there a restriction because I am new here? Thnx a lot for yr help !

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976