Who has stolen my husband?

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Good to hear that the new member of the family is working out well x
Oh Alice, she is, she makes me smile just to think about her. She is gorgeous, and she loves my husband and he her. Wonderful. Well, it is at the moment.
Hope you are ok Alice?
Hope you are well?
With love, B xx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Oh Alice, she is, she makes me smile just to think about her. She is gorgeous, and she loves my husband and he her. Wonderful. Well, it is at the moment.
Hope you are ok Alice?
Hope you are well?
With love, B xx

I have been busy on sorting out a respite break. There has been talk of a direct payment but I am not holding my breath. I may try for when the whole family are abroad so no emergency help. It will be about right mid treatments for me. I could do with being a bit fitter and younger!
My grandmother had a cat, she always knew when my grandmother was due home, day or night, we used to look after her when my grandmother was away, just before she was due home she would leave us and wait at the bus stop. Our dog was telepathic too. love Alice, xxX

Janie M

Jun 12, 2018
View attachment 60824
A picture of Lily. She is such a little thing, 9 months and sits in one hand when she wants a cuddle. That sounds as though I have enormous hands, but I don’t!
I agree about the sneezing. He makes me jump when he coughs and sneezes, but surprisingly we know that Lily hears something when he does either! She doesn’t react to anything else! Amazing!
PS ... with all my experience I am still talking to Lily constantly, even though she can’t hear a word!
Love B x
What a beautiful girl ❤️ It's definitely therapy. X

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
I have been busy on sorting out a respite break. There has been talk of a direct payment but I am not holding my breath. I may try for when the whole family are abroad so no emergency help. It will be about right mid treatments for me. I could do with being a bit fitter and younger!
My grandmother had a cat, she always knew when my grandmother was due home, day or night, we used to look after her when my grandmother was away, just before she was due home she would leave us and wait at the bus stop. Our dog was telepathic too. love Alice, xxX
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you, Alice, that your plans for a well earned and well deserved respite break work out... in the easiest way possible for you.
I hope the treatments that are upcoming are helpful and meet your needs.
Oh I agree, we could do with being younger and fitter. Never in my wildest dreams did I believe my/our life would turn out as it has. We never believe we will get old, do we?
Thirty years ago we had our downstairs loo and utility taken out to make a very large kitchen. Now a downstairs loo would be ideal for us both. And, who needs a large kitchen to cook Sainsbury’s ready meals!!
The things we do, then live with the repercussions... but we had a wonderful life together until 10 years ago.
We knew we were a lucky couple, and talked about what would happen when our happiness bubble burst. It hasn’t burst.... just some of the air has escaped!
Take care, Alice, thinking about you.
Love, B x

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
View attachment 60824
A picture of Lily. She is such a little thing, 9 months and sits in one hand when she wants a cuddle. That sounds as though I have enormous hands, but I don’t!
I agree about the sneezing. He makes me jump when he coughs and sneezes, but surprisingly we know that Lily hears something when he does either! She doesn’t react to anything else! Amazing!
PS ... with all my experience I am still talking to Lily constantly, even though she can’t hear a word!
Love B x

Well, of course you both love her already - she's absolutely delightful!

They say when one sense is lost/absent, the other senses are more keen. Maybe Lily can actually sense the movement of air from a sneeze. After all, the air does travel at 100mph...

I'm sure you will both really appreciate the distraction Lily will provide. And the cuddles :D

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Life with Lily .... early days but she is a little treasure. So delicate, at least at the moment. She was vocal almost all night. I got up at 5 as we were both concerned at what she was getting up to in the bedroom we have turned into Lily’s room! She was sitting on the windowsill meowing and chattering at the many birds in the garden. So she came in to us. Then decided to use her litter tray meaningfully! Boy.... did I need to empty it! Phew!
So she has slept, watched birds, scratched settee (grrrr), slept, watched birds, scratched settee (grrr), you get the picture. And she is still sleeping. What does that mean? She won’t want any sleep tonight, and neither will we.
But.......... it’s so good to see my husband look at her, wonder where she is, and he has been smiling so much. So much more than usual. It’s lovely.
I’m happy today, not felt this way for so long.
I know it won’t last, but I’ll take it while I can, and deal with the rest when it happens.
Hope you are feeling more like your old, not that you are old!!, self Geraldine? Hope Keith has had a good weekend.
Thinking about you.
Much, much love, B xx
She is gorgeous and this is such a wonderful joint project, you and husband. Oh wow. Cats spend most of their time asleep anyway, trust me. And he's smiling and you are feeling happy. Oh love, this is smashing. Yes, am almost back to normal darling. Also, I believe i am the same age as you, beautiful one. This is so so lovely about Lily.
all my love, and to pusscat. Geraldinexxxx

Mudgee Joy

Dec 26, 2017
New South Wales Australia
Its lovely to have the distraction of a pet !! In the book “Being Mortal” a Doctor in the US filled a care home up with various pets to great effect- the residents came to life ! A true story. Hugs to all .oxox

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
She is gorgeous and this is such a wonderful joint project, you and husband. Oh wow. Cats spend most of their time asleep anyway, trust me. And he's smiling and you are feeling happy. Oh love, this is smashing. Yes, am almost back to normal darling. Also, I believe i am the same age as you, beautiful one. This is so so lovely about Lily.
all my love, and to pusscat. Geraldinexxxx
Thank you Geraldine, so glad you feel you are getting there.... back to normal. How positive is that. I’m still impressed that you are out and about in your bright pink shoes! Please take care of yourself, with my love, B xx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Lily woke us at 3.30 am again this morning. Well, Lily woke me... husband slept through the loud meowing! Her loud meowing is something to behold.
We left Lily on her own for the first time, safely ensconced in her bedroom, while we popped to the shops. We got back and the window cleaner was here.
Came in, turned alarms off, made sure outside doors were all closed, and went up to see how our little deaf cat had coped without us.
I opened the door, no Lily. I began to panic, looked under and behind everything, nothing! She wasn’t in her bed or anywhere to be seen
On the bed I had put a small box that a hand mirror had been delivered in.
Lily was curled up inside, so small, and being deaf she hadn’t heard me or the window cleaners.
I was so relieved.

Lily has made so much difference to my husband. He smiles more, he watches her, worries about her and not just himself, he wants her to love him... and the look on his face when she does offer to sit on his knee is just lovely.

He still loses his temper with me, shouts and gets aggressive. But Lily has made more of a difference, already, than I believed possible.

I’ve no idea what tomorrow brings, but I have already decided that I can’t worry about tomorrow. Our life is too unpredictable. Let’s just think about today.

I sometimes wish though that I was a cat!
Love B xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh it's lovely that your husband is responding so well to Lily! That must be nice for you to see.

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Oh it's lovely that your husband is responding so well to Lily! That must be nice for you to see.
Thank you Izzy.
I always sound so pessimistic, but I hope it lasts. My husband has always been short on patience. I can only wait to see if his love relationship with Lily lasts even though she is doing all the things our previous cat wasn’t allowed to. But by the time I go to chastise her visually she has run off.... so what is the point then!!
I’m just not quick enough!
Lily is ours now, warts and all. And I wouldn’t change her.
Love B xx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Well, it’s our anniversary today.... we have had Lily for a whole week, and what an education she has been, for us both.

There is a tiny down side. Lily is doing a fair bit of damage to our home. It is impossible to tell her off or scold her. Firstly, she is deaf, so she can’t react to a shout, or hand clapping. Secondly, she is too darn quick for me!! By the time I get to her to give her my cross face.... she’s gone! And it’s too late! And, does it matter? And thirdly, nowhere is out of bounds, at least Lily doesn’t think so!
SHORT BREAK.... to clean up two of my orchids, grown from babies over years, that I didn’t think she could reach! Well, she can! So they have gone into the brown bin, and I’ve been down on my poor knees cleaning up. Totally my fault. Lily is only 9 months, she thinks everything is hers.

Now, the upside for my husband. He loves her and protects her fiercely, He is thrilled when she asks to sit on his knee, although she doesn’t settle for long. She lies under his chair because she feels safe with him, and he is so proud of that. He puts himself out to give her food, this is so good because he hasn’t been bothered about anything except himself for such a long time. He watches her, wants to know where she is. And he smiles. Smiles have been so rare, now Lily gets smiles. He does think he can shout at her when she does something he thinks she shouldn’t. He, more than me, can’t move to stop her, so Lily gets away with it!

Lily is getting better at night, she doesn’t start meowing until 5.30. We ignore her and get up at 7. When I let her out of her room, she attacks my legs.... I’ve said I’m not good on my feet, but I’m thinking about training her for Britain’s Got Talent, the expert way she walks in and out of my legs!
She has brought new life into our home, she has brought a positive change in my husband which is so good to see. He is calmer, nicer, more acceptable. He still gets angry and aggressive, but it’s not been so often. He still swears for no reason. But Lily has been good for him. I don’t know how long it will last, but I will take any crumb I can get.

For me.... well I have company, Lily is my friend, my baby, my comfort. I can talk to her... I love her to bits.
We both love her to bits.
Love B xx

Guzelle

Aug 27, 2016
Sheffield
I’m so glad Lily has been good for the both of you. Unfortunately cats always do damage at first I’ve got 2 rescue cats and they have ripped carpets and still do sometimes. It’s better in summer as they spend more time outdoors in the garden.

They are very loving and like to sit on our knee.

My OH can be nasty to them depending what mood he is in.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Well, it’s our anniversary today.... we have had Lily for a whole week, and what an education she has been, for us both.

There is a tiny down side. Lily is doing a fair bit of damage to our home. It is impossible to tell her off or scold her. Firstly, she is deaf, so she can’t react to a shout, or hand clapping. Secondly, she is too darn quick for me!! By the time I get to her to give her my cross face.... she’s gone! And it’s too late! And, does it matter? And thirdly, nowhere is out of bounds, at least Lily doesn’t think so!
SHORT BREAK.... to clean up two of my orchids, grown from babies over years, that I didn’t think she could reach! Well, she can! So they have gone into the brown bin, and I’ve been down on my poor knees cleaning up. Totally my fault. Lily is only 9 months, she thinks everything is hers.

Now, the upside for my husband. He loves her and protects her fiercely, He is thrilled when she asks to sit on his knee, although she doesn’t settle for long. She lies under his chair because she feels safe with him, and he is so proud of that. He puts himself out to give her food, this is so good because he hasn’t been bothered about anything except himself for such a long time. He watches her, wants to know where she is. And he smiles. Smiles have been so rare, now Lily gets smiles. He does think he can shout at her when she does something he thinks she shouldn’t. He, more than me, can’t move to stop her, so Lily gets away with it!

Lily is getting better at night, she doesn’t start meowing until 5.30. We ignore her and get up at 7. When I let her out of her room, she attacks my legs.... I’ve said I’m not good on my feet, but I’m thinking about training her for Britain’s Got Talent, the expert way she walks in and out of my legs!
She has brought new life into our home, she has brought a positive change in my husband which is so good to see. He is calmer, nicer, more acceptable. He still gets angry and aggressive, but it’s not been so often. He still swears for no reason. But Lily has been good for him. I don’t know how long it will last, but I will take any crumb I can get.

For me.... well I have company, Lily is my friend, my baby, my comfort. I can talk to her... I love her to bits.
We both love her to bits.
Love B xx
I SO SO ADORE READING ABOUT LILY and the difference she is making. This is such a beautiful adventure darling. I love it. all love and good for you!! Geraldinexxxx