My husband has Alzheimer

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Would it be possible for you to get someone in just for an hour to begin with to give you a break.

I was very reluctant to get anyone in for my husband because he was so dependent on me and so resistant to strangers in the house.

Someone on Talking Point suggested my husband would be traumatised if I became ill and he hadn`t been introduced to someone else to care for him. This made me get a carer in just for a short time to help my husband accept care from another person.

There may be someone who has some experience of dementia and who has some English. Your doctor, even if they do seem unsympathetic, may be able to suggest somewhere you can go to ask for help.

No care will be as good as yours but sometimes it`s wise to accept a compromise.

Last edited:

Weihua

Apr 12, 2019
Thank you for advice
I feel stuck in my feelings, I knew about this disease, but I still can't let him go, try to share the thing s and feelings with him, I don't get responses most of time, I got hurt every time, I can not express my sadness every time see him lost his faculty,it it's so difficult to enjoy anything without him.