Dementia Sufferer, or Carer?

NotTooLate

Jun 10, 2017
Alvechurch
toolate.blog
The one in the middle is Finn and the hairy one on the right, is my son, Barry... He doesn't like the term carer, but that is what he is really! But don't say anything!

Finn is my support dog... He has been with me for 14years next month. He used to watch me for signs of epilepsy, but now he can not tell the difference with me falling asleep and have an attack :rolleyes: It is a bit of a pain when I trying to get to sleep to get this little paw tap, tapping me..:D

I wouldn't have him any other way. He puts up with a lot, me moaning and falling and talking to him, asking questions and on it goes...

Boarder terrier... lovely dog! Best friend!

The more people I meet, the more I love my dog... :)

Attachments

• IMG_6166.jpg
    IMG_6166.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 279

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
The one in the middle is Finn and the hairy one on the right, is my son, Barry... He doesn't like the term carer, but that is what he is really! But don't say anything!

Finn is my support dog... He has been with me for 14years next month. He used to watch me for signs of epilepsy, but now he can not tell the difference with me falling asleep and have an attack :rolleyes: It is a bit of a pain when I trying to get to sleep to get this little paw tap, tapping me..:D

I wouldn't have him any other way. He puts up with a lot, me moaning and falling and talking to him, asking questions and on it goes...

Boarder terrier... lovely dog! Best friend!

The more people I meet, the more I love my dog... :)

Lovely! Thanks Richard :D

San 'Fairy' Ann

Jun 28, 2014
merseyside
Hello, I have not been here for a long while and I see this thread and hope to contribute by saying I fully understand how hearbreaking it is for pwd to read how hard it is to help us and no where is just for us but I think that's because it would be mostly an idle forum as many cannot contribute. My own condition is rare so there's no support anywhere. I visit here and pick I have dementia but the posts are mainly by carers. I'm not sure how to fix this but would like to hear about the everyday problems pwd at my stage are facing. I have noticed something about myself recently and have no one to ask about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caroline124