Can Anyone Recommend Carpet Deodoriser?

Maggiejigs

Apr 22, 2018
My OH has had a few accidents (faecal) on our new carpet. I have cleaned the carpet but would like to use a deodoriser but read somewhere that the ones for pets are recommended in this instance. Anyone used one and could recommend as there are so many to choose from on the internet. My husband does wear incontinence pants but sadly he had a virus and some of the offending matter ‘escaped’. Thanks in advance.

rubiemarie

Mar 3, 2018
Spread carpet with bicarbonate of soda leave for a couple of hours Hoover off no smell will save u money

Mommyof12

Apr 26, 2019
We use Dr. Bronners Lavender Castille liquid soap - you only need a small amount in the water tank of the shampooer and the scent is heavenly, better than any commercial cleaning product I’ve tried.

Maggiejigs

Apr 22, 2018
I find Dr Benckman carpet cleaner excellent for pet related issues
Thank you for your responses. Sorry for delay but did not get notification by email - was beginning to feel unloved . I have read about bicarbonate of soda and being a canny Scot will give that a whirl before going on to anything more costly. Thanks again.

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
I use for any accidents (dogs or Mum) Extreme spray from Incontinence Choice. Its both a cleaner and removes all smells and stains.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Thank you for your responses. Sorry for delay but did not get notification by email - was beginning to feel unloved . I have read about bicarbonate of soda and being a canny Scot will give that a whirl before going on to anything more costly. Thanks again.
If you go to the top of any thread you want to be notified of replies to, and just under the blue "reply to thread" button, click on "watch thread", you should get alerts when there's a reply to that thread.

MrsBrighton

May 8, 2019
Bicarbonate of soda is most definitely the answer! I used it to clean a sofa after that stank of dog - made the whole downstairs whiff. Sprinkle bicarb liberally - leave over night and hoover it up. May take more than one attempt to shift the aroma but it will work . I also used it to refresh an entire carpet after tenants did goodness knows what on it. Did the job.
You may need to use it again - Head to amazon for large tub!
Good luck!

Maggiejigs

Apr 22, 2018
Thank you all. I used bicarbonate of soda and successful. Will look at buying large tub from Amazon Mrs Brighton but hoping don’t have to use it.