ThisMorning TV

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I had an experience of this when I was sitting with an apparently deeply unconscious woman friend holding her hand. Her daughter was in the room and was talking about her mother’s desperate situation and hoping that she would die quickly. I felt a definite squeeze on my hand and I squeezed back and that was it. I feel sure that she had been aware of what her daughter was saying even though she was profoundly unconscious. Of course I shall never know but I have never forgotten it. She died later that night. I think touch is known to be of major importance for the dying because it’s such an instant communication.

Yes, touch is so important. I read that even massaging oneself with oil has a beneficial affect. A bit of self care and love. A someone told me a few days back that she offered to hug a very severe and stiff woman, she said the woman suddenly softened and said no one hugs me now, they had a big hug and continue to do so when they meet.
She says she has now found a good friend so the benefit is two way.

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
Yes, touch is so important. I read that even massaging oneself with oil has a beneficial affect. A bit of self care and love. A someone told me a few days back that she offered to hug a very severe and stiff woman, she said the woman suddenly softened and said no one hugs me now, they had a big hug and continue to do so when they meet.
She says she has now found a good friend so the benefit is two way.
Did you see that on one of the UTAS videos? It was very touching, literally. He loves a hug or a kiss but forgets in the next moment but it doesn’t matter.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Yes, I did. I think it is important for us to remember that the memory may be short but the warm
feeling stays. Same with good events and visits too, what happened may fade but the happy feeling lasts.
I think it is a it is a comfort to all those who feel someone does not know them. Visits are worthwhile.
I hope you got a walk in, we only got as far as the garden but it was lovely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba