My Mum, Marian

Lorna44

Jul 16, 2016
Surrey
I'm sitting here next to my mum after my brother and I have made the most difficult decision.
Mum has a severe chest infection and prognosis is poor, she is not eating or drinking and is unable to swallow. We have decided to keep her at the nursing home where she's spent the last 3 years surrounded by the carers and nurses who are looking after so well, and keep her comfortable and pain free. I know my mum will not want to be like this but I also don't want her to go. Just feeling sad. X

lis66

Aug 7, 2015
Hi Lorna 44 sending you (((hugs)))) at this heartbreaking and difficult time xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
This is indeed a horrible decision to make & one that I had to make not so long ago for my mum.
My mum had an infection somewhere, then contracted aspiration pneumonia & was not responding to antibiotics or fluids. Also not eating much or drinking, not much kidney output either.
It sounds like she is receiving the best care at the nursing home. Big hugs for all of you xx

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I am sorry that you have reached this sad but inevitable stage. Of course you do not want to lose your mum but your love for her is guiding you to do what is best. We are thinking of you and sending you strength for the difficult time ahead. Stay strong x.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You're among people here who understand @Lorna44. It`s the saddest time, however inevitable and all you can do is what you are doing now.

It`s good you have your brother to share it with you.

Babymare01

Apr 22, 2015
Although a hard decision it is the right one to make. Not only is your mum being cared for by the carers who have loved and cared for her but you and your brother also have those people around you at this difficult time.
Sending you all love and strength xx

Lorna44

Jul 16, 2016
Surrey
My lovely mum passed away earlier today with my brother & I by her side. It's been the toughest 11 days of my life, but she is now free and reunited with my Dad and my other brother Andrew, who we lost last year.
Love you Mum ❤❤

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
@Lorna44 I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I'm glad you were at your mum's side and I'm sure that will give you some comfort in the days to come. I'm glad she is at peace. Wishing you strength.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))
Im sure you made the right decision. It is hard to watch, but your mum is now at peace

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
My deepest condolences on the loss of your mum. I’m so pleased that you & your brother were there & hope that was comforting for you. You did all you could do on her final journey & May she now rest in peace. Big hugs to you both & look after each other xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife