Alzheimers with Alphasia

Optomistic

Jul 24, 2014
Manchester
My husband has Alzheimer’s and Primary Progressive Alphasia. It affects his speech and memory also his mood. He has become worse since last June. He doesn’t understand what I say and can’t remember people by name. Somedays he gets headaches across his forehead thst lasa short time. These seem to make him worse for a few hours. Walking is becoming difficult he’s very slow and shuffle. He also has started stooping. Has anybody got experience of this type of Alzheimer’s.

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
My husband has Alzheimer’s and Primary Progressive Alphasia. It affects his speech and memory also his mood. He has become worse since last June. He doesn’t understand what I say and can’t remember people by name. Somedays he gets headaches across his forehead thst lasa short time. These seem to make him worse for a few hours. Walking is becoming difficult he’s very slow and shuffle. He also has started stooping. Has anybody got experience of this type of Alzheimer’s.

My wife has FTD but also suffers from aphasia. Her speech and cognitive abilities were affected quite early on (diagnosed over 5 years now). She gabbles a lot but will often mirror words spoken to her.

She also finds it hard to process verbal “commands” so getting her to do a thing is a nightmare.

Her posture and mobility has deteriorated more recently which is very sad to see as she is only 68.

It’s a tough old journey, isn’t it?

Best wishes
Phil

Optomistic

Jul 24, 2014
Manchester
Hi Phil, Thanks for your reply my husband was diagnosed 5 years ago he started to get worse last June. His mood changes very quickly and he wasn’t sleeping some nights, The doctor put him on Mertazapine it helps him sleep.