Pete has gone

Chrismitch

Jun 23, 2011
It’s been 10 years - a long journey. Just short of two years in a nursing home, unable to speak or feed himself or even look at us. It was as if he was in another place. So sad. As soon as he died his features returned to the Pete he used to be. He’s at peace now.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I am sorry for your loss but glad that Pete is at peace and that you were able to see that familiar, gentle face you once knew again. Thinking of you and sending strength.

Elle3

Jun 30, 2016
I am so sorry for your loss, these last few years must have been so difficult for you. Elle x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news. Thinking of you and wishing you strength. I'm glad Pete is at peace.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
It is sad to read your news but comforting that you saw his face at peace and how he was. Xxx

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
So sorry to read of your loss. It has been a hard journey, but you were there till the end. May Pete rest in peace. xx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))
What a gift - seeing his true face one last time.
Be gentle with yourself

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
That must have been a lovely moment to see Pete’s face at peace & no horrid dementia there. RIP & big hugs for you too xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I’m so very sorry to hear this Chris. I remember meeting Pete in Launde Abbey and again when you both joined us in Bill’s in York too. He was a lovely man. I wish you all strength in the days to come. Sending sincere sympathy. xxx

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
Hello Chris
I am sorry to read this.
It’s was lovely to meet you both in Launde and again in York and I am so sorry for your loss.
There are a few of us that will have fond memories of those times and of Pete.
Take care
Xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I never met you or Pete as others have done but send sympathy to you in your loss and long battle with dememtia.

To my deep regret due to health problems I was unable to be with my husband when he died. Or daughter saw him shortly afterwards and said he no longer had the dementia face, looked just like his normal self. It is a strange thing and glad you saw him as his own self, it must have been so comforting. Surely sign that at last he was at peace. I hope it comforts you and helps over the next stage and beyond.

Wishing you strength and that you too find peace in the days to come.

Love
Loo xxx