Vascular dementia . And parkinson as enyone else had or got this

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
Ho been to see nurolachist to day .told he as Parkinson’s linked with dementia.ha can not give him pills that are used for Parkinson’s.as said that will make dementia (confuses and other Simpson’s word )so it’s a case of just get on with it .
This is a real blow to us and wonder what next as enyone else had this .
Thank you

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I know that there has been mention of people with both Parkinson's and Dementia on the forum but it may be a struggle to find the threads, even with the 'Search' facility.

There is a Society Factsheet on the rarer types of dementia that mentions Parkinson's and the difficulties with meds on Pg 7, as well as providing contact details for additional help at the end of the document. Just click the PDF line of the following link to read and/or print the document
Rarer causes of dementia (442)
PDF printable version

I hope that helps in some way.

Lady M

Sep 15, 2018
Essex
Hello!!
I was wondering ??? Whenever OH was seen by the neurologist (initially due to his gait and falls) that he had ‘Parkinsonism ‘ ......linked to Dementia.
Not the same as Parkinson’s disease,
As Iunderstand it.
Maybe worth double checking!!
Whatever the outcome, hoping you find help and comfort here on TP, I certainly know I have!
Best of luck!!

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Its actually quite common to get Parkinsons, or Parkinson like problems with dementia, @vannesser
My OH has tremor and walking problems, so was tested for Parkinsons, but they have said that there is no medication for OHs problems. He now uses a stick indoors and a 4 wheeled rollator when outdoors

Pipeth

Jan 13, 2018
Northamptonshire
My husband was diagnosed with a essential tremor way before being diagnosed with vascular dementia which changed to mixed dementia. The neurologist mentioned possible parkinsons developing when checking his walking, balance and reactions last July. His walking and balance and tremor is worse and he has also started jerking movements in his legs at night. I am waiting for him to be referrred back to the neurologist. I have been told there will be no medications because he has vascular dementia.