Electricity

Belerra

Sep 4, 2018
Belfast
My Aunt who was diagnosed with Alzheimers three years ago has started to turn off her radiators (economy seven) and then sits beside the electric fire.The house is cold but her electricity bill is huge because of the electric fire. We have tried explaining that when we set her heating she should not touch it. Does anyone else have this problem.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I recall mention of covers for switches so that they can't be switched off but don't have experience of them. Other members may come along later to advise. If not, you may be able to trace some old threads via the 'Search' facility.

Apart from that, I think I recall people mentioning the idea of putting something over the red 'on' light so that it can't be seen as this seems to attract attention that results in items being switched off.

Pouli

Feb 9, 2019
My Aunt who was diagnosed with Alzheimers three years ago has started to turn off her radiators (economy seven) and then sits beside the electric fire.The house is cold but her electricity bill is huge because of the electric fire. We have tried explaining that when we set her heating she should not touch it. Does anyone else have this problem.
Would it be possible to disconnect the electric fire? Then you could find it difficult for someone to come and fix it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti