Dementia Campaign

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi All,

Some time ago Alzheimer's International started a campaign to raise awareness of Dementia, in the hope of getting things moving across Europe in a big way, while getting more money spent on the disease. Many countries such as France and Austria are leading the way in this project, but it is sad that a lot of people have not even bothered to sign up to it.

We only have around 150 signitures from this country and somehow that is not enough to make the Government sit and think about the fact that they are being left behind.

Whether this is because a lot of people have not heard about this project, I am not sure but somehow we must all try to get this moving as it all depends on those with Dementia and their carers.

For anyone out there who is interested, the Website is:- www.globalcharter.org but I think it is better to go straight to the Alzheimers International site and log on from there, as Alzheimers International is affilliated to the Alzheimers Society.

Best Wishes

Ken

Last edited:

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
I too knew nothing of this petition but we have both signed and sent the link on to family and friends.

Thank you for drawing our attention to it Ken.

Linda x

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Just giving this a "bump" for those that may not have seen it and wish to add their support.

The short film A cup of Tea is worth a look too!

Linda

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL