Simple music player

Joyt

Jun 30, 2018
has anybody any knowledge/experience of the simple music player available through unforgettable. I’m looking for a way for my oh to have music in his care home, but which he can’t dismantle.

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
has anybody any knowledge/experience of the simple music player available through unforgettable. I’m looking for a way for my oh to have music in his care home, but which he can’t dismantle.
I might be daft but what about a childrens one. I am sure you can get CD players for under fives.x

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Supermarkets sell cheap basic music players/radios. My husband had a very sophisticated set up at home but when he had to go into care I got a simple cheap one from the supermarket. He did not notice the difference and enjoyed it.

Loo xx

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
Any small device can be hidden or damaged. Loose batteries are dangerous to other residents in a CH who may put them in their mouth. A child's music player would have screws to hold the battery cover in place but if it had an opening flap this could be broken off and CDs removed. My grandson has some sort of simple tablet for his music, but that needs charging and presumably the settings can be fiddled with.

When she still lived at home we had to stop buying MIL replacement radios because she always snapped the aerials off (deliberately - what's this sticky-out bit, I don't know what it is so I will remove it). We tried taping the battery covers down on radios, CD players and remotes, but with scissors and persistence she always managed to get the better of us!

We provided a small TV in MIL's room at the CH and asked the staff to tune it to a music radio station if required. They kept control of the remote. Unfortunately she lost interest in choosing her music and TV programmes fairly quickly. However, her daughter found that MIL enjoyed being shown videos on a smart phone, and also enjoyed songs this way, when it was a social event to listen with someone else. Ditto the entertainments in the CH. She wasn't interested in solitary listening or viewing. She needed other people to put the music into context.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
My mother has this one, I bought it for her just before she moved to her care home. I don't know if it would be right for your husband, but she's had it for over a year and it seems to work okay and has not caused any incidents. I suspect a carer has to help her use it, but that would be the case however simple it was.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IVQW5L6/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also bought her a small TV for her room, but I suspect she has never used it. I think it is as Katrine says, while my mother loves music she prefers to be downstairs with other people, and there is often music playing down there she can enjoy.

Pop66

Feb 1, 2019
Hi, I purchased the one from Unforgettable for my husband who likes to have the radio on all night but was unable to work a conventional radio. I was a bit sceptical as its quite pricey but so pleased I took the plunge. I have selected the preferred radio stations and he happily scrolls through those. This is the only button that he has access to as I found that he kept turning the volume up very loud in the night and forgot how to turn it down! I have now preset the volume and 'hidden' the button. It was certainly a good buy for us