RIP Mum

echo66

May 28, 2015
At the start of last week the doctor said you probably had a few months left. By the middle of the week he'd revised that to a few days. On Sunday your distress ended and you finally found some peace.

There are no words to adequately describe the grief, even though expected it doesn't lessen the impact.

I've been dropping in to see Mum every day for the past 12 years. Today was the first time it wasn't necessary. It's like a huge piece of a familiar ritual is missing.

I feel lost.

chippiebites

Jun 27, 2018
Please try and take comfort that your Mum is at peace at last. As you say however much the loss was expected it doesn't lessen the impact. I hope you find the strength and courage to sustain you through the days to come. Mums are so special. Please be kind to yourself. xx

hilaryd

May 28, 2017
Thinking of you, @echo66 - it's just over a year since my mum died, and I still find it hard to adjust to the changes in routines, even the good ones - I still have Wednesdays off work, which used to be 'mum's day' even before dementia took hold, and some weeks I feel really lost, even though I can now spend the day doing something interesting for myself instead. The first few times are definitely the hardest and strangest though, especially after so many years - take things gently xxx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
My condolences to you. It is a bigger adjustment than we realize. It took several months for my husband and I to stop saying "We'll do that after we visit Mum".

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
So sorry to read of your loss. It must be a huge shock since caring for your Mum was such a huge part of your. May she rest in peace. Wishing you solace. xx

lis66

Aug 7, 2015
So sorry for your loss echo66 sending (((hugs))) twelve years is a long time hope you find strength to cope in the comming days xx

joanne d

Feb 9, 2013
Big hugs. I know it doesn t seem so right now but you will fill that space with something else for yourself without the guilt that may go with it. Because that is what your mum would want. xxx