C0P20 A and B

Caligirl

Dec 19, 2018
So got to the notifying stage. As my Dad has failed Mental Capacity Test do I have to notify him. If I do have to, do I tick 3.2 Application has been issued. ?
Sorry but drowning in forms at minute and my brain is struggling and its all new to me.
Apologies if I am sounding dumb I really am not but have done council forms today and started an insurance claim for my Dad as on top of everything else he had a flood in house. Thanks in anticipation

ps Is it advisable not to give him cop5 as thats for contesting deputyship?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Yes you do have to notify them and give them the cop5. It seemed stupid to me too, but there we are.
I seem to remember that the notes that come with the forms say that you have to explain what the form is about in words they can understand. This gives you a lot of wiggle room. I waved it under mums nose and said that it was a form saying that it was so that I could look after her all legally, which she agreed was a good idea and I then filed it in with her papers where she promptly forgot about it. I dont think she would have understood about contesting it anyway.

Caligirl

Dec 19, 2018
Thank you. It seems strange notifying someone who has been deemed to have no capacity but my Dad I am sure will be happy for me to look after his paperwork etc. He is profoundly deaf so its an added problem we have to. Thank you for your help.