Mums poorly yet another stroke

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
Just come back from the home, Mum has had another stroke. So what with Alzhiemers, 2 previous strokes 1 heart attack and a seizure I am now left thinking how much more can her frail body take? Can't say much more I'm broken

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Diane:

I am so sorry to hear this news - you must be devastated.
Just do not know what to say - but thinking about you.
Jan

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Diane

I am so sorry to hear about your mum Diane. You must be devastated and worried because I imagine it's not possible to know at the moment how it has affected her.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mum and we will all be here when you need.

Love

JeanD

Sep 16, 2008
Lincolnshire
Diane, I am so sorry to hear your mother is poorly. Sending our very best wishes, and don't forget to look after yourself too, Jean

aceblytons

Sep 2, 2007
Wigan
diane

so sorry to hear about your mum,my thoughts and prayers are with you.
stay strong

love and hugs
aceblytons xxxxxxxxx

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Diane I am so sorry. Is your mum still at the home, or has she been admitted to hospital? I hope for her (and your) sake she is still at the home.

Heartbroken, I can't do those attachments either!

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Diane,

I am sorry that your mum is so poorly.

Thinking of you,

Love, Taffy.

heartbroken said:
I wish I could do those little attachment
please someone do one for me

Attachments

• hug%203.gif
    hug%203.gif
    38.8 KB · Views: 189
  • hugs.gif
    hugs.gif
    27.4 KB · Views: 211

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
AWWWWWW I am overwhelmed at all the messages, thank you so much each and every one of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I didn't sleep well at all last night, I woke up on the hr every hr, but I suppose that is to be expected.
Mum is still at the home and her new Dr was lovely. He said himself if it was his Mum he wouldn't move her to hospital at all, which backed up my feelings.
I am going early today, although in one way I want to run there now, in another way I want to run in the opposite direction as I am panicking about the effects this had had on Mum. We couldn't really judge Mum proper as she was so tired.
What happened was yesterday morning before they had woke everybody up, Mums sensor alarm went off, the carers ran to Mums room to find her on the floor in a sitting crouched position. They could get no responce from her for some time. When she seemed to come round the nurses checked her over. They cleaned and dressed her and took her to one of the rooms where she had one to one care. They tried her with breakfast and lunch but she refused anthing, all she wanted to do was to sleep, but also she was not talking. It seems they rang Dad, but there was no answer (he has a habit of turning off his phone when he goes to bed) why they didn't ring me I don't know, but I have told them in future they must ring me first because I am only 2 miles away and can get there in a flash. So when I got there they had transferred her to her bedroom, it took 3 of them to get Mum there, and as I arrived so did the Dr. I requested that Mum be allowed to go into bed as if she needed to sleep then we should allow her to sleep properly, and this was granted. She still never spoke to me although when I spoke to her she nodded. 2 1/2 hrs later she woke up with both me and Dad by her side. Her face very vacant and expressionless, her face grey and shallow. One of the carers came in with some extra cushions to prop her up as I didn't want to get her out of bed until she came round a little more. I asked her if she would like to have a drink of tea with Dad and i and she nodded so some sandwiches cake and tea arrived and to our surpise she ate and drank which was a good sign. The Dr has put her on antibiotics just in case she has a water infection, but her right hand side of her mouth has drooped so it is obvious its another stoke. She didn't speak properly and what did come out was mumbled. After another hour or so we got her out of bed and tried her on the comode, she had wet and messed but that was no problem I am quite used to helping her, after that another nurse came and we took her to what they call the quiet room and as we left she was again on one to one care. The Dr has requested blood tests today also.
So later I will give you all an update. I know this will have pushed the Alzhiemers on further, just like before. How much more can my Mums body take, this is so creul and heartbreaking knowing there is nothing we can do, all I can do is be there and show her how much I love her.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Diane,

It's pleasing that your mum is so well looked after,I sympathise

with you and your dad, take care, Taffy.

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
I went yesterday and spent just under 2 hours with Mum. She mumbled something which I couldn't make out and I asked her to repeat it I could make out 1 word and that was David :( (my brother who died 4 yrs ago) Throughout the whole visit Mum had her eyes closed. For 45 mins I sat there and cuddled her with her head on my chest like a little girl, where she snuggled in and slept like a baby. They couldn't get her to eat or drink, but I managed to get her to eat a little and a few sips of tea. Its still early days to know what more damage has been caused but yesterday it was like she was when she was in hospital after the last stroke. Going later today, so I hope I can see some improvment but I am not holding any hopes up.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Diane

My thoughts are with you and I hope you find mum a little more improved.

Love

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan