Tremors??? Can anyone relate?

Angelah18

Feb 14, 2019
Currently seeking diagnosis for my mum (57) as well as deteriorating short term memory and changes in personality and character she also developed a worsening tremor.
Can anyone relate to this symptom? x

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I have a benign essential tremor myself, (No dementia!)

My head shakes, especially when I am tired, and my hands are getting more shakey.
Meds certainly calm it down

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
My mum in now in later stages of alzheimers has a tremor in her right arm which gets more obvious at certain times like when she is unwell. She has had it for a few years & it has become more noticeable as time goes on spreading to her shoulder as well sometimes. The doctors have all commented on it when treating her for other things but have said it isn't Parkinson's.

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
My Mum developed quite severe hand tremors a couple of years pre-diagnosis. At first they thought it was Parkinsons, but it proved not to be. With hindsight, she was probably already showing minor signs of the Vascular Dementia that was to come, but at that point I was just putting it down to aging, so did not link the two.

Angelah18

Feb 14, 2019
Thanks so much for your reply, we are currently seeking a diagnosis. My mum's tremors are mostly in her hands and worsening when lifting her arm away from her body, she'l comment that she feels like her whole body is quivering from time to time aswell. This was after the decline in her short term memory and episodes of confusion which are also still ongoing xx

lis66

Aug 7, 2015
After my mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's six years ago,her hand started to shake almost after diagnosis and has now got steadily worse and other hand has now started aswell

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
After my mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's six years ago,her hand started to shake almost after diagnosis and has now got steadily worse and other hand has now started aswell
Hi lis66
My husbands tremours are also quite significant but it’s not Parkinson’s ( he has been tested) just old age tremours . If you are worried about them perhaps discuss it with your GP as there are medications for this .

lis66

Aug 7, 2015
Thanks chick1962 mum has never been tested for Parkinson's,I will ask doctor and her physcratist, the tremors defeniately have gotten worse .