chemo journey

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
well ive had my second chemo and about to go for the 3rd wasnt sure what to expect but things havent been to bad so far, it just annoys me i.m so tired and cant do a lot without having a rest, But have got the days sorted me and the dogs put the 1 oclock news on sit on the settee one dog each side and go to sleep.this gives me a chance to have a rest,My son and daughter are wonderful they take time off from work to take me to all the hospital appointments and believe me there are many,some times 4 in a week.When all this started November and I was so ill and in pain I really would have liked to join my hubby, but I had been given another chance so I now look forward to the good days and they are there just mixed in with a bad one.thank you for listening and gods strength to you all who are looking after loved ones and also to you all who are struggling to cope.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Glad you are pacing yourself with rests and only doing things if you really feel like it. My OH had 5 cycles of chemo and he found the constant tiredness and side effects which came and went became cumulative as the number of cycles increased. The chemo whilst very unpleasant for some...some patients hardly have any side effects but it is so dependent of the cocktail of drugs etc and patient themselves...produced very good results in OH to the point where the 6th planned treatment was not needed and back to watch and wait. Take your time with everything...do things only when you feel you have enough energy...let everyone pamper and look after you. Thinking of you x