well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mica123

Apr 30, 2008
england
I am proud to say that this week i am working closely with an expert in dementia care.Her name is Beth Noray and she is an excellent teacher in this field.i have learned so much in the last few days i have been with her that a lifetime of caring couldn't provide.i am with 11 others who are amazed at the simple things that can make someone with dementia happy.I am also proud to say that Beth promoted this website,giving us the web address and i reiterated that its there for carers of others not just at home,but as carers in a home.Theres a poigniant poem called "who do you see?",cannot write it for obvious reasons,but if you ever hear it?makes you stop and think!

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Mica 123

I am glad that you are getting such excellent training and it is good to know that someone suffering from dementia will benefit from your training and dedication. I think Talking Point is an excellent training field and it's good that you've been encouraged to use it.

Wishing you all the best

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
i am with 11 others who are amazed at the simple things that can make someone with dementia happy.

Perhaps you would care to share some of this wisdom? - I'm sure everyone here would love to know :cool:... or direct us to Beth and let us know her personal experience in this field .... and what makes her so well qualified? I trust there was emphasis on the uniqueness of each individual situation? And what makes one person happy might be a nightmare for someone else?

that a lifetime of caring couldn't provide

I personally find that comment at best distasteful.

Karen

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Karen

that a lifetime of caring couldn't provide

Perhaps Mica meant a lifetime of caring in a nh setting without dementia training!?

You seem very sarcastic to someone who is, at least, trying to make a difference and therefore is on the right side.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Sorry, not intended to be sarcastic - but if someone could have trained me in a couple of days how best to help my mother I would have sold my soul for that knowledge ........ I just thought the remark was insenstive to people who are struggling on year after year ... and having to learn the hard way .....

Apologies if anyone took issue with my comment.

Karen

mica123

Apr 30, 2008
england
Didn't say i was trained karen,I said I had learned.Theres no magic wand.What I have learned over the past few days is that when I think that someone,be it a colleague,friend,parent,resident is displaying unusual behaviour,theres an underlying reason for it.And the key is to find out why they are behaving this way.Theres a reason and we must find out what it is and then take steps to deal with it.
Beth is very qualified by the way,her mother developed dementia and she at the time was a social worker,who then decided that dementia was hr passion.She does have a website with her contact details on it.We are doing approaches and theories tomorrow and your more than welcome to attend.pm if you would like to,i will give you the address of where the course is.

mica123

Apr 30, 2008
england
sorry Karen,it appears that you are full of your self importance,your not willing to learn about what dementia is.,you think the world owes you.well sorry but its not happening.it's up to you to do the research.then maybe you can converse with others without the attitude

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Here we go again

Does it in the great scheme of things Bloody matter:(

I have, as you all know the biggest mouth on TP;)

Let it go.

Barb X & Ron Z

mica123

Apr 30, 2008
england
does it balls matter,unless it affects u,i want well being for my residents,so if am in the know how to do it is that wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.