The shadow man cometh

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
THE SHADOWMAN COMETH

Suddenly I see him, then I don't, suddenly he is there, then he is not. That little bit of blackness in the corner of your eye that appears sometimes, making you look round quickly, but of course, nothing is ever there. That feeling your being watched and when the hairs on the back of your neck start to rise, I shiver, my eyes scan all around as I turn to look for who it is, but never is he found.

Who is this ??

It's the Shadowman as I call him

I see him most days, lurking in the darkness, well, when I say SEE HIM I mean glimpses of him as he passes by, making me jump sometimes, or yell in fear. Thing is, nobody else can see him except me and when I yell or jump when in company it can be quite frightening for them as well as me.

"Nobody else can see him except me"

That statement itself brings up so many questions about sanity and realism. to anybody unconnected to the dementia world or anybody who doesn't understand dementia, it has to sound like complete madness (not a word i like using) but, unless they are educated? who can blame them? I am a great believer in saying
You don't know what you don't know until somebody tells you "

Unfortunately, People like myself have to put up with the looks, nudges, and nods, just like many others with disabilities but we also live in fear if you have dementia, fear of the SHADOWMAN because we never know when he will appear and what he will do. So who is he ? what is he ? and why does this happen ??
I imagine only Dementia itself can answer these questions

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope this explains a little better to those who don't understand xxx

Norrms Founder of Global purple Angel and also diagnosed myself with dementia

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
I get that sometimes but no dementia as yet. Weird thing this 'shadow' appearing out of nowhere! No harm has come of it though so maybe it is nothing to be frightened of :)

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
THE SHADOWMAN COMETH

Suddenly I see him, then I don't, suddenly he is there, then he is not. That little bit of blackness in the corner of your eye that appears sometimes, making you look round quickly, but of course, nothing is ever there. That feeling your being watched and when the hairs on the back of your neck start to rise, I shiver, my eyes scan all around as I turn to look for who it is, but never is he found.

Who is this ??

I see him most days, lurking in the darkness, well, when I say SEE HIM I mean glimpses of him as he passes by, making me jump sometimes, or yell in fear. Thing is, nobody else can see him except me and when I yell or jump when in company it can be quite frightening for them as well as me.

That statement itself brings up so many questions about sanity and realism. to anybody unconnected to the dementia world or anybody who doesn't understand dementia, it has to sound like complete madness (not a word i like using) but, unless they are educated? who can blame them? I am a great believer in saying

Unfortunately, People like myself have to put up with the looks, nudges, and nods, just like many others with disabilities but we also live in fear if you have dementia, fear of the SHADOWMAN because we never know when he will appear and what he will do. So who is he ? what is he ? and why does this happen ??

Thank you yet again Norrms for adding to our education given that not one single caregiver can KNOW how a person with it feels or sees, thank you again.

Gpolli

Feb 2, 2019
THE SHADOWMAN COMETH

Who is this ??

My

Gpolli

Feb 2, 2019
My husband who has Parkinson dementia with lewy bodies,sees things mostly in the early evening,I gave been told by Dr that it is called sundowners,he often asks when we are going home,and does not recognise his surroundings,it can be quite frightening, for him,it started just seeing small children or animals,they need reassurance as it is quite real to them

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
My mum hears a child crying and she gets upset that she can't find her to help her - so sad :(