Activities

Alimay

Jan 24, 2019
Hi
My mum has mixed dementia and still lives in her own home. Myself, my sister and my son share caring for her. She refuses to go to any day care centres so finding activities to pass the time is extremely difficult. She will knit (when consistently prompted) for a short while, and she will also do some colouring (she used to love painting but won't attempt to anymore). She cannot concentrate on reading or watching tv anymore and with the cold weather, going for a walk isn't really an option.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

May30

Feb 25, 2017
My dad loves these puzzles that are made by a company called 'Active Minds'. They come in three levels of difficulty and he enjoys the fact we can do them together. They also prompt conversation.
Also listening to music? Or audio books if she used to like reading?
My dad also enjoys looking through old photos and reminiscing.

Alimay

Jan 24, 2019
My dad loves these puzzles that are made by a company called 'Active Minds'. They come in three levels of difficulty and he enjoys the fact we can do them together. They also prompt conversation.
Also listening to music? Or audio books if she used to like reading?
My dad also enjoys looking through old photos and reminiscing.

Thank you. There is a puzzle on the table, but my son ends up doing it because she's not interested! I don't think she would be able to keep up with an audio book, but I will get the old photos out again!