feeling lonely

rachel1975

Oct 7, 2008
kent
hi there all just found site so had a look im new to the pc stuff so please bare with me.i found out my mum had dementia 2 weeks brfore my wedding day it broke my heart and i feel my heart is still broken i miss my mum so much i feel so alone im her full time carer along with my dad my mum is still at home with us,i only have my dad to talk with about my mums illness its so hard and i dont know how we cope but u have to. my mum has had dementia now 4 the last 3 years along with alot of other illness's the sad thing is my mum was young when she got dementia only 58,im finding everything very hard for me right now as every daughter needs her mum i miss having just girlie chats with her and im haveing problems in my own life i just wish she was ok my mum is my best friend and i miss her loadssssssss i know my mum is still here with us but things are so different now,im going to end here as im in tears here writeing this ive never done anything like this before as i didnt know there was anything like this around but thanks 4 letting me rant on tc all rachel1975

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Dear Rachel

Rant away:)
If it makes you feel better.
All will listen:), and lots more will reply.
Barb & Ron X

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Rachel,

Welcome to Talking Point. Here you will make virtual friends and like lots of us know someone is always here for us.

My husband was 57 when he was diagnoised with AD.

There is Local Alzheimer's Branch who can offer lots of support and advice.

It is so hard when with a Mother, just sitting and having a cup of tea and a good old chat.

I also lost my Mother suddenly and I know how much I miss her.

Best wishes
Christine

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Rachel

Sorry to hear you are feeling low, but its totally understandable, we all have times when we need our mums.

There is nothing wrong with a good cry, we all do it.

Sorry i have nothing constructive to say, just wanted you to know we're here if ever you need us.

Sending you a hug.
Love Alex x

jackie1

Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire
Hi Rachel,
This is a great place to offload. I often find just writing down how I'm feeling really helps.

Like your mum, my husband was very young when he was diagnosed (53) and I honestly think the lonliness is one of the hardest thing to bear. Possibly because other people can't understand why you are so lonely when your loved one is still there with you.

Take care of you.

Love
Jackie
xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Rachel.

I`m sorry you`re feeling so down.
This is one of the loneliest places to be, having someone you love who is unable to communicate, who doesn`t understand how you feel, they are there but they aren`t.
All you can do is share your feelings with others who are in similar positions, and there re plenty of us on TP.
Just post when you feel down, offload, feel you have a shoulder to cry on.
We are all with you Rachel.

Love xx

maddie5177

Sep 18, 2008
scotland
hi rachel

i only registered here on tp last month and already i feel stronger to face what will come, i know exactly how you feel...and i really mean that, my mum is 60 and she to has had this illness for around 3 years, i would probably say longer than that but it wasn't obvious then, i love my mum so much and was very close to her, still am, i am her main carer my dad is there as well but he finds it really hard and doesn't really face up to it, my heart is also broken so please don't feel that you are alone, we will share our journey together and i'm sure we can laugh and cry with each other, it is really good to have this site, everyone is facing there own heartache but can we can all share our expereinces and they do say a problem shared is a problem halfed:):) feel free to private message me any time i'm sure i will do the same to you take care and don't worry about tommorow what is meant to be, is meant to be

love n hugs
Maddie xx

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Rachel, Welcome to TP. Glad you have found us but sorry you have to be here.
My Mum is considerably older than yours and is now in nursing care, so I can only try and imagine how you must feel, your Mum being the age she is.But we never stop missing them no matter what age we are.:(
This site is great for support and information, and does a pretty good line in 'virtual group hugs'.:)So do come back and let us know how you are and partake of the hugs (they really do help;)).

Take care

Jase

Sep 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Hi Rachel
Just wanted to come and say hello and that I hope today is a good day for you.
I, like Maddie, am in a similar place to you, my mum is 59 and has recently been diagnosed but has been struggling for quite a few years.
I'm heartbroken too, I felt this so much when I had my son who is 2 and a half now. Mum never really gave advice or helped in the hard times. Don't get me wrong she adores my son (the feeling is very mutual) and spends a lot of quality time with him but I never felt she was there to 'guide' me. I know that she was because her upbringing of me guides me and has shown me the type of mum I want to become.
I'll stop wittering, could end up in tears!!
Just sending hugs and letting you know you're not alone and we'll all get through this together!
Kirsty x

maddie5177

Sep 18, 2008
scotland
I felt this so much when I had my son who is 2 and a half now. Mum never really gave advice or helped in the hard times. Don't get me wrong she adores my son (the feeling is very mutual) and spends a lot of quality time with him but I never felt she was there to 'guide' me.

jase, i know what you mean it is the same with my 2 girls, my mum adores them but the same...is'nt there to guide me, it makes me so sad, cause i know how wonderful she could be with them if it wasn't for this damned illness

love n hugs maddie xx

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Mum and grandaughter

Took our daughter Erin around to see mum yesterday- Mum sees no danger which is very worrying and gave Erin who is nearly 1 a magazine in a plastic bag to play with:eek:. I cannot let her crawl around as mum wants as there is so much danger, flexes, glass ornaments , plants, loads of carrier bags all within easy reach. As for leaving mum with her while I spend a penny- no way- ever driven 25 miles home with a full bladder??:eek:

The guidance isn't there- each week mum is losing a bit more- Erin is her only true grandchild(my my boys from my first marriage look on her as a granny and she treats all equally) and mum is Erin's only grandparent- -sometimes life can be so cruel??

Julie xx

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
Hi Rachel
Thank goodness you have found us!!! We all understand how lost we can feel ourselves. I also miss my special time with my Mum, she was the one I could always turn to, the one who would truely listen and never judge, her love has always been unconditional and yes like yourself I also feel i have lost her. Its so sad and feels so unfair and all we can do is grasp any special moments we do get no matter how far apart they may seem to be. Even a smile, a small laugh if possible brightens up my day. I look out for these like a hawk but know they also will be lost. Its a desperate situation we are all in, but finding us here on TP is a start in the right direction. Here we listen reply understand and truely care. Sending you loads of supportive hugs xxxxxxxxx

bclark

Feb 15, 2008
greenhithe kent
Dear Rachel So Glad You Found Tp,it Really Does Help To Share Your Feelings And Worries. We Are All Trying To Cope With This Horrible Disease Bclark:):)

moonshine

Oct 2, 2008
Hi Rachel So sorry you are having a bad day but I truly understand how you are feeling. At the moment I too am looking after my Mum who was diagnosed about a year ago, When I first moved in with her it was after a divorce and it was my intention to move on. But the my Dad died unexpectedly and it pushed my Mum over the top and into the place that she is in now. I think this illness is a bit like a radio station because one day mum is on the right chanel and another day she is completely off and hard to understand. It is on those days that I mourn the loss of my lovely Mum. But on the days that she is ok we have fun and occasionally we have a good laugh. I try to think that Alzheimers lives with us We do not live with it. So keep your chin up you are doing a sterling job both for your Mum and also your Dad. Take care of yourself. Moonshine