My Petition Got Approved!!!! Please Please Sign

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
Thank You So Much To Each And Every One Of You That Have Signed And Passed This On. I Am Stunned We Already Have 88 Signitures And It Only Went Live Less Than 24 Hrs Ago!!!!!!! Just To Let You Also Know My Hubbys Company Are Getting Invloved Too And We Are Talking Of A Large Company And Its Been Ok'd For It To Be Sent To Everybody Who Sits At A Computer ....and They Never Normally Allow This So Fingers Crossed.

Opppsss Left Capitals On, I Would Love To Say Sorry I'm Not Shouting But Hey Yes I Am And Its A Great Big Thank You Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
149 signitures and climbing. Could I be cheeky and ask if this post could be made a sticky please so it does not get lost down the pages, and when newbies visit they can see it and will consider signing. Every signiture counts if we can make anybody in 10 Downing Street sit up and listen.
Last night I received an a mail froma Dementia nurse, thanking me, she agrees there are not enough specialized nurses and often struggles because of the lack of nurses. One lady told me her dementia nurse should have a case of 10 and she is having to take on 60.
Unless we speak up nothing will change, and although I know it could be too late for my Mum, nobody including sufferers and their families should have to suffer because there are not the correct nurses to deal with our loved ones.
Many thanks to all that have signed ;) xxx

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Dementia-nurses/#detail

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
DianeB said:
Could I be cheeky and ask if this post could be made a sticky please so it does not get lost down the pages

The moderators have been discussing this....

Actually, your thread should really be in the Raising Awareness section but we realise that you would get less people seeing it there.

We'll make it sticky where it is for a couple of weeks, then move it as a sticky to Raising Awareness.

By their nature sticky threads need to be as few in number as possible since it would defeat the object to have large numbers!

Why don't you contact the Alzheimer's Society http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/contact.php and ask them to include it on the main site under Campaigning?

Perhaps even suggest it would make a nice article in "Living With Dementia"?

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Diane,

Great petition, have signed up and passed it on to friends.

Good luck and great work.
Kind Regards
Craig

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
I have just contacted Terry Pratchett's fanclub moderators also and I think I have managed to send an email to Terry himself. Fingers crossed they will post it on his site also. I think I'm on a mission ;);)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Diane, you are going from strength to strength. :)

Not a bad mission to be on. Thank you for taking this on. :)

You`ll be Prime Minister before long. ;)

Very well done. :)

Love xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife