Vannesser update

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
ho out of hospital need simmer frame help him round house .but better than when he was in hospital.
Only real problem is seeing things that are not there witch he never did befor he said in hospital his mum and dad came to see him and gave him a bath .know there in my house.rest of time he asleep how long does it last where he sees thing that not there or is it will be here all time thank you

Karen1062

Mar 26, 2018
Hi my mum has been seeing things and people that are not really there for a long time now she often speaks to people that she thinks she can see, it quite often seems to be children I have just presumed that this is yet another symptom of her illness I find it easier to go along with whatever she is saying as it seems not to distress her so much

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Hi Vanesser and it's good to see an update from you.

I hope the Zimmer frame works out okay. My mother had to use one after she had a fall, broken bone and surgery and it was a struggle at times. She couldn't remember that she had fallen and hurt herself and been in hospital and had surgery. She couldn't remember she was meant to use the frame. She also has anosognosia and so can't understand any of it anyway! It took a lot of patience, reminders, and vigilance. I hope it will be easier for you.

Regarding the hallucinations: it could be from a condition called hospital induced delirium (maybe there is another term for it in the UK). People with dementia are especially likely to get it but it can happen to anyone. It can be brought on my many things, including being in a confusing environment (like hospital), anesthesia, changes in medication, pain, some medicines like pain meds, and so on. It usually will go away once the person is in a stable environment and with time. If he is very confused it may be best to have extra supervision and help. If the hallucinations don't go away, or he doesn't seem better, I'd seek medical advice. Best to update the GP at any rate and it never hurts to ask for a medication review.

Best wishes to you.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I was thinking hospital induced delirium too. It can take a while to go and if it becomes a problem get in touch with your GP.

Im glad to hear that he is home, though
xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @vannesser

Has your husband had any change in his medication while he was in hospital. That could be a cause of his hallucinations if he has. Perhaps your doctor will know. As long as he isn`t frightened he should be all right. My husband had hallucinations but they didn`t frighten him so I accepted them too.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan