husband end of life, fearful of visiting

Wilburdoo

Aug 9, 2017
My husband has also been diagnosed end of life. They have stopped all his meds so don’t know how much longer he will last. He is still in carehome . He has a dnr in place. I am going to visit him today and frightened what I will find.. I don’t want him to suffer. I only hope he is released from this dreadful desease soon.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Wilburdoo
so sorry to read of your husband - I hope he is comfortable and that your visit is what you need it to be

I'm glad you thought to post at this difficult time and send you sympathy and strength

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Wilburdoo

Have you asked the staff at the home if everything is in place to make sure your husband stays pain fee and comfortable? This will reassure you of your worst fear.

Wilburdoo

Aug 9, 2017
Hello @Wilburdoo

Have you asked the staff at the home if everything is in place to make sure your husband stays pain fee and comfortable? This will reassure you of your worst fear.
Hello @Wilburdoo

Hi granny g

Wilburdoo

Aug 9, 2017
Hi granny g
Hi granny g
Thanks for your response.
Yes I didn’t have to ask. The manageress called me into her office.. Everything is in place. It was hard having to give answers as you don’t think it will happen.
The district nurse is going this afternoon. Hopefully she will administer some medicine to help him.
They are talking days now. It will be a blessing for him to go in his sleep. I couldn’t stay long as I found it very difficult to cope.. xx

Wilburdoo

Aug 9, 2017
hello @Wilburdoo
so sorry to read of your husband - I hope he is comfortable and that your visit is what you need it to be

I'm glad you thought to post at this difficult time and send you sympathy and strength
Thank you for your concern. I just hope he doesn’t suffer for too much longer

Wilburdoo

Aug 9, 2017
Thank you for your concerns. I found it very difficult today to visit him. The carehome are doing everything right for him.. I couldn’t stay long with him. I found it very stressful. I’m hoping he passes in his sleep to release him from this terrible desese

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Is there anyone who could come with you when you visit? I found it was some help to have family and friends present right near the end.
The actual passing can be quite peaceful. A person can drift in and out of consciousness. My wife did this and then went into a deep sleep. Her breathing became intermittent and finally stopped.
Of course not all deaths are as peaceful but I hope you have a similar experience.

Wilburdoo

Aug 9, 2017
My husband passed away at 4.00am this morning. It has all been so quick. The care home said he passed peacefully Now he is free from this terrible decease

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry @Wilburdoo.

On the one hand your husband is free from disease and on the other hand you will be dealing with his loss.

Please know Talking Point will be here for you and will understand your grief.

Wilburdoo

Aug 9, 2017
Thank you Shedrech. I am so relieved he passed as quick as he did. He is out of that horrible prison he was in.
It was pretty quick I know. The carehome thought 100% he had Parkinson’s as well.

Wilburdoo

Aug 9, 2017
Thank you for your kind thoughts Izzy. The suffering has now stopped thank god. He was only diagnosed in August 2017. So for him it has been pretty quick but the carehome was a 100% he had Parkinson’s as well which would have made it worse for him.