Riser recliner chairs. Any advice?

SnowWhite

Nov 18, 2016
We bought mum one of these from a small local firm. It is cloth and very pretty and is a "petite" model as Mum is quite small. I hadn't realised how important it is that the chair is the right size. I had seen one in another shop and it was reduced and they didn't mention size to me. Glad I didn't buy that!

Mums cost about £850 and for a few months it was great. Sadly she then got quite confused and, as someone else said earlier, was trying to get off it with the footrests still raised. I do know she fell trying to get off it on at least one occasion. I also chose it because it had the easiest hand control set.

We are planning to collect it from her house and take it to her room at the Care home and just use it as an ordinary chair and forget about the hand control as it's really comfy and looks nicer than the one in her room now.

Mal2

Oct 14, 2014
Enfield
Hi I have just brought Peter one I got it of the internet from Lloyds pharmacy , it is brilliant I had a leather one ,but you can get material , it was six hundred and ninty nine and got v.a.t of I can really recommend them,hope this helps you xx

I also saw the chairs online at Lloyds Pharmacy. I noticed they do a mattress for the sleeping one. Which I have made enquiries about. Although my husbands chair was supplied by my GP. I do like the idea of the mattress. A little extra comfort for him.

over_score

Apr 7, 2016
Thanks for the help and advice everyone, can't tell you how grateful I am. I have spoken with my GP and have been told to go through the council again and have an OT assessment, as you suggested FMrsT. I'm going to give them a call now...

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
My mum has a recliner that I purchased from Ebay from a mobility shop it cost £200(Delivered and installed) and was a lazyboy in lovely fabric that would have cost £1000 new,it has 2 motors 1 for the legs and 1 for the back,it's a lovely chair and had been valeted to look brand new,my mum is hoisted in to the chair,the heart benefits when mum is sat nice and upright as it has to work harder to pump the blood to the legs as opposed to somebody lying in bed propped with pillows,it also gives my mother a different perspective
Before buying I asked for the width of the seated area between armrests and compared to my mums width so it would be neither too tight or too wide