Turmeric

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Interesting my husband also worked shifts, didn't get much sleep and has early onset dementia. I have just finished a book on sleep which spoke about the different stages of sleep and the risks of lack of sleep
Again, this is one of those things that apply to some and not others. I have been a chronic insomniac for over forty years and always feel envious of those who can indulge in 'nana naps'. If I don't take a sleeping pill, I just don't go to sleep. It has huge advantages when travelling because I don't suffer jet lag. But I have just undertaken a series of cognitive tests and have no problems. (YET!!!!!!!!!)

dancer12

Jan 9, 2017
Mississauga
Again, this is one of those things that apply to some and not others. I have been a chronic insomniac for over forty years and always feel envious of those who can indulge in 'nana naps'. If I don't take a sleeping pill, I just don't go to sleep. It has huge advantages when travelling because I don't suffer jet lag. But I have just undertaken a series of cognitive tests and have no problems. (YET!!!!!!!!!)
Hi Lawson58:

We all go without sleep sometimes, I'm talking about the kind of sleep where your mind doesn't get rested at all. He worked for Bombardier Aerospace, Massey Ferguson, Ford Motor Company, his mind was active 24 hours a day, he was worried that if he fell asleep he'd be late for work and his workers wouldn't have anything to do. All this and raising a family at the same time, no stress there. We all go without sleep at times but we have a chance to catch up somehow, I'm talking about the 24/7 lack of deep sleep with added pressure combined. Just my opinion, of course.

Bree

Oct 16, 2013
I take turmeric for arthritis, and I have to say it has been a miracle treatment for me. I no longer take Tramadol, Co-Codamol, Gabapentin, or Voltarol, which I used to take for pain.

MOH has AZ, he also took turmeric, it did him no good at all, in fact it caused problems as he takes Warfarin, the turmeric sent his INR haywire, it took ages to return to normal levels.