Now that he's gone

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
@Bunpoots My mum's funeral was on the 16th January, she died on the 15th December so it was a month of waiting. That was seven years ago and also the point when I noticed that dad's memory was declining. Mum had mentioned it on a few occasions before and I think now that she was covering for him.

I hope that Wednesday goes well for you, I remember it rained at mums funeral and she would have liked that because she liked the rain. I will take some flowers to the garden of rest on Wednesday and I shall think of you when I am there. I no longer take dad as he has forgotten all about dates and the path could be wet and slippery as well.

Last edited:

Lzanne

Jan 5, 2019
Hello, it’s my dads funeral on Wednesday 16th as well 1.30pm. He passed on the 8th after 9days on palliative. Bad days are outweighing good at the mo.. just hoping Wednesday helps.
Hope all goes ok for you and your family x

crazyerduck

Jan 3, 2019
Hi @Bunpoots and @Lzanne, thinking of you both today. Two of my grandparents had a form of dementia (Lewys Body and Vascular dementia) and both passed away early December. The funerals were mid/late December and they were awful days to get through so really sending you lots of best wishes and hope it can go as best as can x

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Dad’s funeral went very well. I feel I gave him a good send off. I had the feeling that he was sitting at my right shoulder during the service. My old dad - strong, solid, dependable.

My lovely aunt gave my brother a sister a not very subtle telling off.
“You did well” she said “all by yourself” - you deserve a holiday!!” I don’t think they noticed. Then asked “what will you do with yourself now?”
What will I do? Strange post-caring void ahead.

I thanked the celebrant for a lovely service only to be told I’d done the job for him - but he did add a couple of lovely touches.

Still feeling very emotional.

Hope it went well for you too @Lzanne.

I’m just lighting a candle @Grannie G. Thinking of you and Dhiren.

Lzanne

Jan 5, 2019
Not sure how I feel at the moment, today went well, we gave dad a good send off with family and friends.. think it has hit Mum hard now, said she realised today she’s on her own. Will take her out tomorrow. Miss him forever.

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EileenSp