The fear Of whats to come

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
The FEAR of what's to come......

Sitting there, so tired, so sleepy, yet fighting it every inch. Eyes closing, lids so heavy then JUMP!! trying to snap out of it, trying to stay awake, don't want to go to sleep, much-needed sleep once loved sleep once a very happy place, but not now.

Sleep is a place I dread, the land of sleep I used to yearn to visit is now a place Barron of happy emotions and memories, but in its place is a place of terror, unease, horror, sweats, tears and shaking to the bone. The things I see now in the land of slumber are no longer scenes of my incredibly beautiful children, skipping and laughing, but a place that can become murderous in the blink of an eye, I see things I would never want anybody walking this earth to see. Still, i fight to avoid sleep, my head turns from side to side, my mind is now playing tricks on me as i can hear screams coming from somewhere and yet here i am, surrounded by my loved ones and they hear nothing.

Then it comes, the arms of sleep that used to comfort me so much now grab at me and pull me down into an abyss of unspeakable horror which takes me down and own into a land of dread and fear, fearful of what lies ahead, and as my eyes close, my only wish is i survive it, and wake with little memory of it,

BUT NOT ALWAYS

Norrms (Diagnosed with Lewy Boys dementia )

Juliematch

Jun 24, 2017
Oh norrms.What a horrid disease this is. You have given an insight into Lewy body sleep that my dad has experienced for the last 3 years.I had no idea how bad it could be. I know it’s never restful,dad acts out his nightmares. Thank you so much norrms for sharing and I send my best wishes for you and your family.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
The FEAR of what's to come......

Sitting there, so tired, so sleepy, yet fighting it every inch. Eyes closing, lids so heavy then JUMP!! trying to snap out of it, trying to stay awake, don't want to go to sleep, much-needed sleep once loved sleep once a very happy place, but not now.

Sleep is a place I dread, the land of sleep I used to yearn to visit is now a place Barron of happy emotions and memories, but in its place is a place of terror, unease, horror, sweats, tears and shaking to the bone. The things I see now in the land of slumber are no longer scenes of my incredibly beautiful children, skipping and laughing, but a place that can become murderous in the blink of an eye, I see things I would never want anybody walking this earth to see. Still, i fight to avoid sleep, my head turns from side to side, my mind is now playing tricks on me as i can hear screams coming from somewhere and yet here i am, surrounded by my loved ones and they hear nothing.

Then it comes, the arms of sleep that used to comfort me so much now grab at me and pull me down into an abyss of unspeakable horror which takes me down and own into a land of dread and fear, fearful of what lies ahead, and as my eyes close, my only wish is i survive it, and wake with little memory of it,

BUT NOT ALWAYS

Norrms (Diagnosed with Lewy Boys dementia )
Norrms, I admire you so much for many reasons, from your charity work to your poems but most of all the way you have, in being so candid in sharing your experiences, helped educate and guide caregivers like myself. It is one thing to witness how our loved ones change and clearly suffer but to have it recorded so vividly, especially through your poems which love is totally different and insightful. Thank sir for continuing your fight whilst still sharing with us all, you have my deepest respect, thank you again.

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
Oh @Norms that is so scary! Big hugs you brave man and thank you for sharing with us how it really is. x

nestle

Jul 22, 2016
Southwest but Yorkie by birth
Hello Norrms,
My Partner has Lewy Body . As we know everybody's experience is different but the thing that has helped with his sleep problem is medication called
Circadian prolonged release 2mg ( melatonin)
and for restlessness he takes sinemet .
There are other medications to help with hallucinations too, He is under care of neurologist .
I hope you find some help soon and some relief . Take Care

MeganCat

Jan 29, 2013
South Wales
Hi Norrms
How terrifying for you, but once again you are giving valuble insight to those of us with loved ones suffering from dementias. I havent been on here in a while, my mum still battles with AD and now sadly my dad has LBD so your information is valuble as i feel like a beginner again. Very different.
Sending best wishes

AliceA

May 27, 2016
You are brave to share this with us, bringing back to you to be able to tell us. X

Norfolk Cherry

Feb 17, 2018
Dear Norrms, thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I always read your posts and I want you to know they help me to understand what it feels like from the inside, and that hopefully helps me be in a better position to help my mum. You are a true hero, helping others to be the best possible versions of themselves. I hope there are some good dreams tonight, not just the bad ones.

Janius85

Jan 15, 2019
Hi everyone in very new to this and i too admire Norms bravery , my mum has recently been diagnosed with both Alzheimer's and vascular dementia and she is only 56. She also isnt able to sleep and interact how she used to. Mum was diagnosed last month with 50% of both, but the neurologist feel that its progressing quite fast and even though it was amonth ago since diagnosis ive been watching Mum slowly fading and it is very hard to accept but ive come to understand it as my mums mum had alzheimers and my aunt has dementia which is my Mum's sister. Thankyou for listening.