What do you think of Talking Point? Let us know your thoughts

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
What do you think about Dementia Talking Point? How have we helped you and how could we improve?

Each year, we ask you to tell us your experiences of using Dementia Talking Point. Your views are really important to us as it means we can keep track of how we're doing, and continue to make things better.

Whether you're a regular poster on Dementia Talking Point or dip in and out, and whether you've been a member for years or you've just joined us, we'd love to hear from you.

You may even have completed the survey last year (if you did, thank you!) We’d still very much like to hear what you have to say.

We really care what you think about Dementia Talking Point, and it helps us to improve the community and keep it a supportive and welcoming place to be.

The information you share will be anonymous and confidential, and you don't need to share any personal details. However, if you'd like the chance to win a £20 high street voucher, all we need from you is your email address.

Thanks everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
It's been about two weeks since we opened our survey and we've had some powerful responses so far on how TP has helped you. One person said:

Reading that others have the same fears or worries, seeing the incredibly supportive environment and the genuine responses that people post to each other ... It's invaluable and not the sort of support you could find in a 'professional' context.

We’d still love to hear what you have to say. It's really important that we get your feedback, so that we know what's working well and things we need to improve on.

The survey is open until the end of January, so there's still plenty of time if you'd like to let us know your thoughts.

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
It's been about two weeks since we opened our survey and we've had some powerful responses so far on how TP has helped you. One person said:

Reading that others have the same fears or worries, seeing the incredibly supportive environment and the genuine responses that people post to each other ... It's invaluable and not the sort of support you could find in a 'professional' context.

We’d still love to hear what you have to say. It's really important that we get your feedback, so that we know what's working well and things we need to improve on.

The survey is open until the end of January, so there's still plenty of time if you'd like to let us know your thoughts.

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Talking Point has been a lifeline for me. Mum has Alzheimer's and my husband and I have been coping on our own. We have engaged carers to prompt medication four days each week (And supervise breakfast, lay the tray for lunch and make a sandwich for tea)
I am well aware that mum is nowhere as bad as some but it is still tough.
We have managed one week away in six years (Dorset to be close)

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Thanks both! @jknight I'm so glad to hear TP has been a lifeline for you while you and your husband are caring for your mum. I hope you continue to find the support you need here.