Thank you

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Thank you too. TP makes life so much easier. A peaceful year to you and everyone who reads this.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Must join in with this one as almost daily I check in to TP if only for the company and occasional chat. Thank you one and all and to one and all, Have a the best 2019 possible x

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
A Happy New Year to everyone on TP.

When I started my journey of caring for my wife almost 5 years ago, I was reluctant to read anything about dementia, as I found it upsetting. The support and knowledge shared by others on TP though, have been a god-send, for which I am truly grateful.

Kindest regards.
Phil

Janie M

Jun 12, 2018
Ditto to all the above. It's a godsend,I think we all agree, to have this forum as vey few family and friends know the true extent of caring for a loved one.
Happy New Year to all. Xx

clarice2

Mar 13, 2016
Ditto to all the above. It's a godsend,I think we all agree, to have this forum as vey few family and friends know the true extent of caring for a loved one.
Happy New Year to all. Xx
I do not post much but am on here every day. My husband is bedridden and does not talk a lot, just the same questions and remarks all the time. This is a lifeline to me. Thank you and A Happy New Year to you all.
Clarice2

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Thank you, everyone, for giving me the opportunity to be honest.
I had an appointment with my GP today, and I told him that this forum is the only place I can really say how I feel. Even talking to him I found myself holding back.
I can’t talk to people face to face, it’s something about not wanting to admit how things really are for me and my husband.
But on here I can tell you how I really feel...
Thank you.
Love B xx

Norfolk Cherry

Feb 17, 2018
Thank you to everyone here, I couldn't have supported my mum, my husband, my children and grandchildren as I have, without this lifeline.

Hard Work

Sep 20, 2017
West yorkshire
Good morning to everyone at t.p. And a very happy new year.
I don't post often but visit most days. This is a brilliant place for advice and support so a big thank you to everyone who contributes.

Unhappy15

Feb 7, 2015
I would also like to say a very big thank you to all on T.P.
Like many others I don't post often but it is the first place I look every day and it is the one place that you can come to for complete honesty and friendship.
I wish you all the best that 2019 can be.
Much love and best wishes for the New Year.
Kathy x

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
I told my GP yesterday, this forum is the only place I can be honest and truthful to myself.
Not sure what I would do without you.
Thank you, with love, B xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you, everyone, for giving me the opportunity to be honest.
I had an appointment with my GP today, and I told him that this forum is the only place I can really say how I feel. Even talking to him I found myself holding back.
I can’t talk to people face to face, it’s something about not wanting to admit how things really are for me and my husband.
But on here I can tell you how I really feel...
Thank you.
Love B xx
Hello Barbara, I so appreciate your post, really do. As for holding back, yes, yes, and yes again. I was afraid people would not want to associate with me, let alone my OH. How can you tell anyone, even a doctor that ... big gulp, my OH used to make model ducks out of poo, put poo in the washing machine etc etc. Real regression to babyhood stuff, but you just can't tell anyone that. I can on here, thank God. Thank God for you, B. Gxxx

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
A happy new year (or as happy as it can be) to you all - and to thank everyone involved in TP and the forum - it really helps to know that things that we are going through and having to accept as the new normal can be shared and discussed and know that we are not alone.

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Hello Barbara, I so appreciate your post, really do. As for holding back, yes, yes, and yes again. I was afraid people would not want to associate with me, let alone my OH. How can you tell anyone, even a doctor that ... big gulp, my OH used to make model ducks out of poo, put poo in the washing machine etc etc. Real regression to babyhood stuff, but you just can't tell anyone that. I can on here, thank God. Thank God for you, B. Gxxx
Thank you Geraldine,
I’ve had to stop, I found I was holding my breath.
I don’t know how you and others cope with what you have.... and come out the other side to give people like me support, love and comfort.
I know that what I am going through pales into insignificance and I want to feel ashamed that I’m grumbling about so little. But, of course, at the time when he is getting so aggressive, it doesn’t seem so little.
I can live with the here and now, it’s what is to come that terrifies me.
I did manage to say that to the GP yesterday. He took my hand in both of his and he just held me. Of course I couldn’t speak otherwise I would have cried.I know I can’t open up to him yet, and Canary said I should write down what is happening and how I feel. And it is such good advice. I will do that.
I was brought up to not make a fuss, accept the situation, you make your bed so you lie in it... At home I have always given in to keep the peace. Which is why I guess I struggle to open up.
Thank you Geraldine, I am so glad that I have met you and that you are always there for people like me.
With love, Barbara xx

MTM

Jun 2, 2018
I've been lurking here for a long time. I tried to post but it kept making me cry. A lot of the posts people write make me cry but I'm hoping to try and post a bit more in the New Year in case I can pass on anything that has helped with my dad that might help people here.

I write a blog about dealing with my father's dementia, my mother's, my own menopausal brain fog - which is kind of the same thing - and trying to be a decent mother to my lad at the same time. Writing about it really helps.

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
I've been lurking here for a long time. I tried to post but it kept making me cry. A lot of the posts people write make me cry but I'm hoping to try and post a bit more in the New Year in case I can pass on anything that has helped with my dad that might help people here.

I write a blog about dealing with my father's dementia, my mother's, my own menopausal brain fog - which is kind of the same thing - and trying to be a decent mother to my lad at the same time. Writing about it really helps.
Hi @MTM
I know you will get help and support from others on here. This forum has been a life line for me.
Take care of yourself, love B xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you Geraldine,
I’ve had to stop, I found I was holding my breath.
I don’t know how you and others cope with what you have.... and come out the other side to give people like me support, love and comfort.
I know that what I am going through pales into insignificance and I want to feel ashamed that I’m grumbling about so little. But, of course, at the time when he is getting so aggressive, it doesn’t seem so little.
I can live with the here and now, it’s what is to come that terrifies me.
I did manage to say that to the GP yesterday. He took my hand in both of his and he just held me. Of course I couldn’t speak otherwise I would have cried.I know I can’t open up to him yet, and Canary said I should write down what is happening and how I feel. And it is such good advice. I will do that.
I was brought up to not make a fuss, accept the situation, you make your bed so you lie in it... At home I have always given in to keep the peace. Which is why I guess I struggle to open up.
Thank you Geraldine, I am so glad that I have met you and that you are always there for people like me.
With love, Barbara xx
Thank you my darling. Of course aggression is not a little thing, it is very hard darling. With you all way. We are leading completely abnormal lives, by any standard of normal. Thank god for each other. Please try again to open up to GP when you can. And take Canary's great advice. She is good woman too.
with love and always here, thank YOU. Geraldinexxxx