A long and Lonely Road

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Such a short time, but the quality is the important thing. Hold on the that.
They say it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.
I hope your memories will help sustain you.
I feel this is a particularly difficult time of year for so many too.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Such a short time, but the quality is the important thing. Hold on the that.
They say it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.
I hope your memories will help sustain you.
I feel this is a particularly difficult time of year for so many too.
Alice I so agree, I am finding this time of year very tough too. Thank you for raising this. Gx

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
I to only had 3 wonderful years before my husband started to show signs that things weren't right. He was diagnosed in July last year. We have been together for almost 7yrs married for 6 in March. I know how you feel my heart is broken

My post was originally out of depairation, as I could not find anyone in the same situation that I am - and now I realise there are others in this 'short' relationship boat. It took me 2 years to realise that my heart was broken - that is the only description, isn't it?

The only difference is that my OH and I are not married, he never asked me, and now never will. The lack of this confirmation somehow makes me feel more insecure.

Thank you for responding to my question.

lovey11

Apr 30, 2017
My post was originally out of depairation, as I could not find anyone in the same situation that I am - and now I realise there are others in this 'short' relationship boat. It took me 2 years to realise that my heart was broken - that is the only description, isn't it?

The only difference is that my OH and I are not married, he never asked me, and now never will. The lack of this confirmation somehow makes me feel more insecure.

I am so sorry. Have you any support from anyone? It's hard sometimes I feel so cheated and angry, we are both working age, although I have had to give up work and am now my Oh's carer, no longer his wife! Loss of income loss of life and loss of all our hopes and dreams.

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
I am so sorry. Have you any support from anyone? It's hard sometimes I feel so cheated and angry, we are both working age, although I have had to give up work and am now my Oh's carer, no longer his wife! Loss of income loss of life and loss of all our hopes and dreams.
Exactly - I am coming up to 2 years since our lives imploded - my OH has complex medical needs as well, which advanced the dementia.

I feel cheated and angry and I wish I did not - it is not his fault. But we are only human, to see everything snatched suddenly away is appalling and the adjustment to a changed and unwanted life, is huge - I struggle on a daily basis with it....... we have some financial support from Direct Payments which allow us to pay a young lady to take us out now and again - as we no longer have a car ( I have glaucoma and gave up driving a few years ago). But it is the feeling of being so cruelly cheated, and losing my business because of this illness that causes the most anguish.
I feel very sad indeed for my OH, and my thoughts are very tenuous and difficult to put into words....