Can I ... Should I?

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Lol @Margi29, that’s the stuff of nightmares, so pleased your daughter is sensible enough to wait & check. A bit red faced is better than it could have been ... especially you going to pick her up & finding she had never turned up :eek:

Did you find out if your mum was asked out ... more importantly ... did you restrain your sister from explaining the error of his ways to the same person :D
My sister is going to ring the day centre tomorrow, and try and find out if this conversation actually took place or is it Mum's confabulations once again :D
Can you imagine, no mum ???? Where the h*** is your grandmother ???:eek:
My sister did say the lady who runs the centre looked incredibly stressed , when my sister went for mum.

My love to pooch, dogs are so intelligent, you never know he may sense some small person is coming soon to steal your heart :p hence the need for extra cuddles :)

Last edited:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m just relieved you have a sensible daughter @Margi29 ... can you imagine if you’d asked your son to drop her off :eek:

I have visions of me sitting with Pooch on one side & baby on the other, although it is more likely the other children will be playing with Pooch, while I wash up & cook & watch everyone else with baby :rolleyes: Much as I may want to cuddle, I never have been able to push myself forward :rolleyes:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
I’m just relieved you have a sensible daughter @Margi29 ... can you imagine if you’d asked your son to drop her off :eek:

I have visions of me sitting with Pooch on one side & baby on the other, although it is more likely the other children will be playing with Pooch, while I wash up & cook & watch everyone else with baby :rolleyes: Much as I may want to cuddle, I never have been able to push myself forward :rolleyes:
I can't imagine where my lovely mum would have ended up in the hands of my son, plus he more than likely would have forgotten where he left her ( his 20 year old brain can only at one speed) :D:eek:

Cuddles with your new grandchild will be the best, trust me I never thought I'd ever love another child as much as my children, until my daughter had hers. Totally different, spoil them with as much love as possible, more time is treasured with them. The best thing is waking in the morning to see a big cheesy smile when they have a sleep over at mine.

Last edited:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Margi29 :)

Bless him, he’s at that age :p

I’ll have to get moved to have a sleep over :eek: I’m excited waiting for the arrival. I’ve got a feeling youngest is going to be one protective daddy :D

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I did mean to comment originally on the Christmas tree removal - 10 was my guess, but if we are up to 6 now think that will be too low.

At least it is keeping her occupied:rolleyes:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
So far, I’ve limited my shopping trips to unsociable hours, as I dread the packed shops & stroppy teenager angst that seems to be much worse at this time of year

However, I had to brave the town today, click & collect, but only open “normal hours’.

Wow. I patiently waited in the car park, for a gentleman to load in 3 young children, so I could park when he left. He smiled his thanks, then stopped & offered me his ticket (still had 2 hours on it .... yes I know you’re not supposed to), he said I was the 4th person to use it :eek: Still had an hour left on it when I got back & I passed it on to another :rolleyes:

I found some large novelty pencil sharpeners (been looking everywhere for those), found good quality pad of sketching paper & collected the ordered goods

I’ll brave the loft later for wrapping paper. I think I’m almost done. :D I only had 3 to buy for, so it wasn’t a lot, but it’s a lot to me this year o_O Fingers crossed they like everything :)

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
The shops here are packed (still early afternoon here) and parking, ugh. I'm trying to be extra polite and patient so I don't yell at anyone!!!

JM, teenagers are such a challenge. Sending (((hugs))). Maybe you could ship them to the North Pole???

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I couldn’t do that .. not ever ... kids stayed at home & I went alone :confused:

It was more of a browsing trip than a shopping trip, only one stress point as they didn't realise how much pick and mix fudge would be!!! Sadly I was driving so couldn't try out any free samples, and we had a good mooch round.

And I got told off for lingering too long at the wine and gin stalls :eek::D- too expensive to justify.

Spent lots, but got some nice food, and came back past cheese shop, queue was short when we got there, and out of door and down the pavement by the time we left, very traditional little shop.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I tried pacetta ham (Italian stuff) a week ago for the first time, bought some & spread with lactofree soft cheese, rolled it up. Delicious. That’s my cheese buying for Xmas @jugglingmum :D

I keep thinking I “should” be buying tons of food ... which reminds me ... I must get that steak I’ve promised myself :)