Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’ve done it :D Delivered the “take a hike” letter to the estate agent :p It took me a while to find a template letter, typed it up & handed it in. Now I just need to wait for confirmation that my contract with them is finished & collect the keys. :D

I figure nothing is going to happen till after mid January, so I get a break from the stress of having to be “viewable ready” all the time. I’m now looking around at what I can freshen up around the house :)

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Well done Sam! Yes, constantly having to be ready for viewings makes it difficult to relax, so I think you have done the right thing (((Hugs)))

We all had Christmas stockings until just a few years ago, when I realised it was getting too much for Mum. I do miss it, but it had got a bit out of hand so I am saving a huge amount of money by not doing it now!

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
You've made the right decision regarding the house, I have a feeling that you could be very busy rocking a beautiful baby soon, so viewing of house will be last thing needed :)

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I’ve done it :D Delivered the “take a hike” letter to the estate agent :p It took me a while to find a template letter, typed it up & handed it in. Now I just need to wait for confirmation that my contract with them is finished & collect the keys. :D

I figure nothing is going to happen till after mid January, so I get a break from the stress of having to be “viewable ready” all the time. I’m now looking around at what I can freshen up around the house :)
I did exactly the same Sam with dad's house...same time of year and after Xmas looked at areas of the house with fresh eyes. Did a bit more painting etc put it back on the market 2nd week Jan for the same asking price...set firm ground rules and understanding with 2nd agent and accepted an offer £15k under asking price 1st week Feb. I too felt relieved having a break from being on viewer alert for a while. Good luck and fingers crossed for you

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Slugsta

Thank you, I feel a weight has been lifted as I can now do things that don’t have to be tidied away within an hour :) Now I just need to get a plan together & make a start on the lounge ;)

It seems strange not to be picking up bits for mum, I’ve seen lots of things, picked them up, then put them back :(, but I guess that’s going to happen for a while.

Not sure how I’ll do delivery, but I’m scratching around for 9yr girl & 11yr boy presents :rolleyes: ... like everyone else o_O

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @love.dad.but..

I feel the need to have another clear out, even though I cleared loads, it’s feeling very cluttered now. I’ve moved a massive picture out of the lounge, just that made a difference, but now I want to clear more & paint it in a lighter colour. Neutral, but lighter.

I can see me having a go at the doors ... so many doors ... I can see 4 from here, all dark wood & it’s just draining thinking of the work involved in masking them up & painting round glass inserts :eek:

I’ll definately be more careful with the next agent. :rolleyes:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
It’s now 4*, raining & biting cold wind. Pooch decided he needed to go out more than he hated the weather .... every 10 steps, he stopped & shook his head. :D:D:D I was trying t9 get his coat off as we came back in ... he was desperate to roll around to get dry :eek:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning o_O

Pooch has been very restless & waking me 4 or 5 times a night :(, he just wants snuggles & cuddles ... I’m so tired I’ve been doing a crash & burn during the day :eek:, when he whines at me with his teddy to go cuddle in the lounge :rolleyes: If I was the expectant mum, it wouId be good practice for what’s coming :eek::D

Lovely surprise call from an old friend who has now moved into her new house in Tenerife :), we video called for an hour, chatting about old times & new beginnings ... along with the inevitable nag to hop a plane & go visit. We’ve agreed to firm up some plans after January. She also wants me to consider moving :eek: ... wouldn’t that be interesting :) I’d have to relearn Spanish :D:D

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Morning o_O

Pooch has been very restless & waking me 4 or 5 times a night :(, he just wants snuggles & cuddles ... I’m so tired I’ve been doing a crash & burn during the day :eek:, when he whines at me with his teddy to go cuddle in the lounge :rolleyes: If I was the expectant mum, it wouId be good practice for what’s coming :eek::D

Lovely surprise call from an old friend who has now moved into her new house in Tenerife :), we video called for an hour, chatting about old times & new beginnings ... along with the inevitable nag to hop a plane & go visit. We’ve agreed to firm up some plans after January. She also wants me to consider moving :eek: ... wouldn’t that be interesting :) I’d have to relearn Spanish :D:D
Get gone to Tenerife, the weather will be an improvement from here :D

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Hi all

Interesting day today, I was unable to take mum to day centre due to working.

So asked my daughter to go and do mums hair ( daughter hairdresser) then take mum to day centre for the Xmas lunch.

All instructions carefully given to daughter of how to get to centre, gave her name of centre.

My daughter only took mum to nursing home down the road from centre :eek:

Mum said " this is the place, I've been here loads, in fact I've been left here for weeks before " :eek:

My daughter believed her grandma :rolleyes:

So daughter took mum in, saying " here's my grandma, for the Xmas lunch "

Staff said " no, we are a nh and not doing anything like that "

After ten minutes of confusion, daughter staff and mum, the staff said " is it the centre up the road by any chance???? "

So one red faced embarrassing moment, daughter took mum to right place :D

I'm so glad daughter didn't just pop my mum there and leave her or you could have being reading in the news, headline of " granddaughter dumps gran in NH " :eek:

Sister picked mum up this afternoon, mum said some man asked her out, she said " no "
Then the said man told the others at the centre my mum is a loose woman, who will ' go with anybody ' :eek:

This dementia journey keeps us on our toes :D:rolleyes::eek:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Margi, I bet your daughter will think twice about taking your mum's word for things in future!

Sam. you have an invitation to Tenerife and you are still here???
Margi, I bet your daughter will think twice about taking your mum's word for things in future!

:D I had already said to daughter, grandma will probably say and do the most obscure things !!
I also said " when you take grandma, you have to treat as if you are taking your children to school i.e. Take her in, make sure she's ok and hand her over to who is in charge. I think this has scared my daughter :eek:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Lol @Margi29, that’s the stuff of nightmares, so pleased your daughter is sensible enough to wait & check. A bit red faced is better than it could have been ... especially you going to pick her up & finding she had never turned up :eek:

Did you find out if your mum was asked out ... more importantly ... did you restrain your sister from explaining the error of his ways to the same person :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex

I know ... but baby due in 10 days ... think I might be slightly unpopular if I disappeared right now. Pooch sitter & flights research is in progress ... so I will be disappearing early next year :D